FS9 P-47s operate in FSX ... but?

Big, Powerful, and Heavy
IFLYCBI
Airman Basic

FS9 P-47s operate in FSX ... but?

Post by IFLYCBI »

I can successfully run the P-47D-20 and 22 in Regular FSX and get a perfectly good/fully working Virtual panel.

However, if I try the P-47D-25, D-30, "M" or "N", the whole lower part of the panel, with the drop levers for bombs and tanks, is not present.

Why don't I just use the FSX P-47? Well, I do have it but it's for Acceleration and I HATE ACCELERATION!

I do my CBI flying in Regular FSX (22 different aircraft which I need all work perfectly fine there) ... much better than in Acceleration.

Anyone ... got a fix so I can get rid of bombs and tanks? I can do rockets via the "fix" ... works slick!

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: FS9 P-47s operate in FSX ... but?

Post by Skycat »

I'm thinking it is because you don't have all the necessary files copied to all of the texture folders. There is a thread in this forum that points to older thread where Rob-A2A outlines what needs to be done to have the FS9 P-47 cockpits show correctly. It worked for me several years ago when I wanted to port the FS9 Thunderbolts pack over to FSX. Here are Rob's instructions:
Hi.

The FS2004 part.
This is the list of virtual cockpit textures:

p-47_c0.bmp
p-47_c1.bmp
p-47_c1d.bmp
p-47_c2.bmp
p-47_c2d.bmp
p-47_c3.bmp
p-47_c3d.bmp
p-47_c4.bmp
p-47_c4a.bmp
p-47_c4d.bmp
p-47_c5.bmp
p-47_c5a.bmp
p-47_c5d.bmp
p-47_c6.bmp
p-47_c7.bmp
p-47_c8.bmp
p-47_c9.bmp

These files can be found in FS2004 folder:

..\Flight Simulator 9FS2004\Texture

Now the FSX part.
ALL the above files need to be copied to ALL/EACH repaint texture folders.
Example, the P-47M case: there are two skin folders "texture.HVM" and "texture.UNK". Both folders must contain the virtual cokpit textures set.

regards
ROB
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Norforce »

If you don't use Acceleration you must patch FSX with SP1 and SP2

http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 23&t=30445
Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

IFLYCBI
Airman Basic

Post by IFLYCBI »

Skycat ... thanks. Yes, I have the items you listed and they will give me a complete virtual cockpit for the P-47D-20 and 22 (I believe these are closely associated with the "C" model and that's why they work). However, they do nothing with the D-25, D-30, "M" or "N" models. I believe that the computer does not recognize the "C" aspect of the item names. My question then would be: Just how then should they be renamed so as to be recognized?

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

I just tested by installing the WoP P-47 package into a fresh install of FS9, then updating the P-47 package to version 1.2 with the two patches.

** First, make sure you don't simply have the virtual cockpit turned off in the sim. Check this by toggling through the 'A' key.

I copied over the WoP_P-47D25 folder to FSX as my test. When I opened the D-25 in the sim, the cockpit was completely black except for some text placards. The 2D panels were all missing guages, knobs, etc. This is how I saw in virtual cockpit in FSX:

Next, I copied the BMP textures listed in Rob's post to both of the texture folders inside the WoP_P-47D25 folder. For example, your texture.HVA subfolder should look like this:

After adding the .bmp textures to the HVA subfolder, my VC now looked like this in FSX:

Notice that the guages are missing. Copy these two files over from your FS9 Guages folder to your FSX Guages folder:
WoP_P47.cab
WoP_P47r.cab

That should make all of the guages, knobs, switches, etc. appear on both the VC and on the 2D panels. Now this is what I see:

Do this with the other P-47 variants and you should be good to go.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

After flying a circuit in the P47D-30 I remember now why I only use AccuSim warbirds. ;)

For one thing, the FS9 aircraft feel really floaty in FSX, and I found myself taxiing down the runway at a 90 degree angle. The brakes didn't seem to want to hold either. I might have to refamiliarize myself with these Thunderbolts in their native FS9 to see if they are easier to control there...though memory tells me otherwise.

IFLYCBI
Airman Basic

Post by IFLYCBI »

Well, I just deleted my old WOP P-47 install and redid it and the 2.1 fix also ... and still nothing like the 17 BMPs you are showing. They are not in the a/c texture folders ... so where are they? I'm apparently not looking in the right place. (head scratch)

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

You have to get them from the subfolder named "Texture" inside the FS9 main folder. I recommend you make a working folder on your desktop for this and copy the cockpit textures there first, and then recopy them all to each of the P-47D/M/N/X texture folders.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

IFLYCBI
Airman Basic

Post by IFLYCBI »

OUTSTANDING!

Last night I couldn't find them to save my life ... tonight, I nearly tripped over them! GO FIGGER!!!

Copied and installed and A-OK!

Thanks so much for both your help and your patience!

RadarRyder
Airman

Post by RadarRyder »

Folks,
If I purchase the FS9 P-47 pack for my flight sim, will the FSX P-47 patch work so that this aircraft will function in FSX/Accel...??

Respectfully,
RR
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil,....is for good men to do nothing."-Edmund Burke

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

No, the FSX patch was for the WOP2 model which is no longer sold and has been replaced with the fulle native FSX WOP3 + Accu-sim P-47.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

RadarRyder
Airman

Post by RadarRyder »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

No, the FSX patch was for the WOP2 model which is no longer sold and has been replaced with the fulle native FSX WOP3 + Accu-sim P-47.

thanks,
Lewis
Lewis,
I am looking for a good P-47 Bubble Top to fly in FSX Accel. Is there a way to get the FS9 version to work in FSX Accel. or am I just out of luck? I purchased the AH P-47 package but don't fly it as it has several bugs, the models and textures are quite old. Any suggestions.......thanks!!!
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil,....is for good men to do nothing."-Edmund Burke

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

I'm not too sure. We only have the D Razorback for FSX.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

RadarRyder
Airman

Post by RadarRyder »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

I'm not too sure. We only have the D Razorback for FSX.

thanks,
Lewis
Well they say the only dumb question is the one that's not asked. Thanks for the replies. I'll keep plug'n away at my AH model see if I can't fix the appearance of some of those textures.

RR

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

The procedure outlined at the top of this thread will allow you to fly the FS9 Wings of Power bubble-top Thunderbolts in FSX with ACCELERATION. You will need to install the pack into FS9 first, and then copy the folders over to FSX. You'll rhen have to do a few extra things after that, which I clarified with my posts.

The models transfer over to FSX fairly well but you'll have to accept them 'as is.'
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

new reply

Return to “Republic P47 "Thunderbolt"”