For Immediate Release
Wings of Power: P47 THUNDERBOLT Update RELEASED
Farmington, CT USA November 28th, 2005 – Shockwave Productions has released an update to their the latest Wings of Power aircraft, the Wings of Power P47 THUNDERBOLT for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004®.
Wings of Power P47 "Thunderbolt" Update 1.1 changes
- Rockets can now be removed via in-game icon. When removing the rockets, the player should also remove the rocket payloads in game for accurate weights.
- The flight model has been modified to allow the pilot to accomplish three-point takeoffs and landings without the stall warning being activated.
- Engine run up can be accomplished at 2000 rpm with brakes set without any tendency to nose over, while retaining the aircraft's realistic ability to taxi at 900 rpm due to the high torque of the engine
- Landing strut extension calibrated to actual P47 extension at various weights
- Internal gear extension and retraction sound re-designed with hydraulics calibrated in stereo to both left and right gear
NOTE: This is version 1.2 including fixes to the wings leading edges
http://www.shockwaveproductions.com/win ... 7_v1.2.zip
-Unprecedented authenticity inside and out
-Built with the very latest “Absolute realism” flight technology
-Can be flown “by the book”
-Built from actual aircraft tests
-“Absolute Realism” means the entire flight envelope is modeled via the actual pilot’s training manuals
-Authentic cruise performance under various conditions with realistic fuel economy
-Absolute Realism even delivers authentic “distance-to-altitude” performance under various power settings
-High engine torque means full power cannot be applied with brakes on or aircraft will “nose over”
-Even the plugs will foul if you don’t keep your idle up just like the real P47
-Gorgeously constructed aircraft, inside and out, down to the last rivet
-Professionally recorded and mastered engine sounds with authentic P47 R-2800 Radial engine sounds captured by Shockwave engineers at all power levels, stall buffet, canopy, ground roll, flaps, gyro, and authentic cockpit wind
-Authentic drop tank release actually drops both fuel and weight
-Both modern and veteran warbird pilots helped create the “feel” of flight
-Wings of Power “Special Effects” package includes historically accurate lighting for stunning nighttime visuals, realistic startup visuals modeled after the real aircraft, and belly landings with realistic effects and physics programming
-Shockwave’s new standard for high quality manuals
-Full sized, 84 page landscape manual with authentic performance and function (11” X 8 ½”)
-Absolute Realism Certified Specifications
Wings of Power P47 “Thunderbolt” Variants:
About SHOCKWAVE PRODUCTIONS
Shockwave Productions specializes in the development and publication of flight simulations, strategy games, visual effects and sound. The company is a North American based company in Farmington, Connecticut.
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 and Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 3 are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.