Starter switch issue?

Big, Powerful, and Heavy
new reply
WWFII
Airman First Class

Starter switch issue?

Post by WWFII »

If I have the mixture pulled all the way back, and I engage the starter, the mixture goes full-rich. Is it possible to keep it from doing so? I want to be required to move the mixture forward manually.
Last edited by WWFII on 15 Oct 2005, 12:53, edited 1 time in total.

SD_Research
A2A Major

Re: Starter switch issue?

Post by SD_Research »

WWFII wrote:If I have the mixture pulled all the way back, and I engage the started, the mixture goes full-rich. Is it possible to keep it from doing so? I want to be required to move the mixture forward manually.
No, this is not possible, as the mixture is set to automatic in the flight model and the starter switch sets the mixture full rich as part of its normal function. Too many folks were skipping the step of making sure the fuel flow was on so we incorporated that into the starter switch.

WWFII
Airman First Class

Post by WWFII »

Okay. I was just hoping it could be performed in a manual manner.

One other thing I've noticed. When I put the parking-brake on -- to perform a magneto-check -- the plane actually begins to roll backwards.

Still, it's a beautiful P47, and y'all worked hard -- it shows! I just hope these planes will work with the next iteration of Microsoft's Flight Simulator. Your company makes the best around!

new reply

Return to “Republic P47 "Thunderbolt"”