Any one with Shockwave Jug and FBPF? Compare FM ...

Big, Powerful, and Heavy
new reply
Aldeere
Airman

Any one with Shockwave Jug and FBPF? Compare FM ...

Post by Aldeere »

I have WOP and think its an astounding add on for FS9. The Jug is my all time FAV-for a number of reasons, big, brutish, fast, etc. It would be fair to say that the Jug in FB/Pacific fighters hasnt been done justice, despite a brave attempt. I expect the Shockwave Jug either meets or excels WOP in terms of pit, fm etc. So it will look great.Anyone out there have the shockwave Jug and fb/pf and can compare in terms of flying them? Not real sure about the feel of the Jug in FB/PF-so a comparison(though I will probably by the shockwave jug-next pay!)would be helpful.
"stick to me like glue"

alias_unknown_2004
Senior Airman

Post by alias_unknown_2004 »

Aldeere,

As much as I enjoy IL2 FB/PF, it's Jugs cannot compare with WoP. WoP Jugs just FEEL heavy and fly beautifully. They are definitely worth the money if you're a Thunderbolt fan.

AU

Aldeere
Airman

Post by Aldeere »

Darn..after getting my credit card to zero...up it goes again! Yes, as much as enjoy the IL2 series, and think that most of the sim is just absolutely great in terms in cockpits, models..for whatever reason the Jug in PF wasnt done to the same standards as a lot of the other A/C. Maybe FB/PF just got too big in terms of numbers of a/c
"stick to me like glue"

Panther_99FS
Staff Sergeant

Post by Panther_99FS »

The overall FS2004 flight model system is WAAAAAAAAAY better than IL2.....

alias_unknown_2004
Senior Airman

With the latest patch, though, at least Oleg modeled adverse yaw. The thing that sold me on the Il2 series was the corkscrewing smoke from the 109's cannon. Love that! :D

I've just been watching "Thunderbolt!" with it's genuine combat footage. I love the way the tracer's ricochet off like roman candles when they shoot up ground targets. Wish a combat sim would model that. :cry:

AU

mudmarine
Staff Sergeant

Post by mudmarine »

No contest the WOP Jug is better, hands down winner! IL-2 isn't even in the same ball park. WOP has the feel of a real bird. IL-2....I don't even know what to say and not be insulting! Semper Fi, MudMarine

alias_unknown_2004
Senior Airman

"No contest the WOP Jug is better, hands down winner! IL-2 isn't even in the same ball park. WOP has the feel of a real bird. IL-2....I don't even know what to say and not be insulting! Semper Fi, MudMarine"

Lol.

I'm with you. This Jug is the best flying bird I've ever purchased for ANY flight sim.

AU

new reply

Return to “Republic P47 "Thunderbolt"”