First major problem with the Jug...NOT A PROBLEM ANYMORE !!

Big, Powerful, and Heavy
new reply
Jib01
Senior Airman

First major problem with the Jug...NOT A PROBLEM ANYMORE !!

Post by Jib01 »

Disregard this post. I was a transfer from the Eagle Squadron flying Spits at 80-90 takeoff. This bugger takes a long time to get off the ground and stay away from the aileron......

It's OK.......

I tried this with the newly downloaded FW190 without the patch and it did the same thing.

With full realism on, the Jug is uncontrolable no mater how much rudder you give it. You can't contol it after it leaves the ground. It torques right in. The first FW190 had the same problem until the patch came out.

Almost as bad at that French F4U that had huge torque.

We'll need a patch, especiall with flaps at position 1.

Regards
Jib01/02
Last edited by Jib01 on 12 Oct 2005, 17:35, edited 2 times in total.
Now running the following...
Pentium 4 HT @ 3.06ghz
2Gig of OCZ 667mhz ram
GeForce 7950GT with 512mb DDR3
160Gig Sata drive

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

It sounds like something is wrong with your system. The P47 is quite tame to takeoff.
A2A Simulations Inc.

46th_Terror
Staff Sergeant

Post by 46th_Terror »

I find the jug is also quite handable at takeoff. Just light to moderate ruder on takeoff roll and less to none when airborne. I also thought I read somewhere and will have to check that it took off with no flap.

alias_unknown_2004
Senior Airman

Post by alias_unknown_2004 »

I'm not having this problem.

Could be you're applying power too abruptly or trying to take off too early with all that ordnance. Find yourself a long runway, apply power slowly, so you can make smaller corrections with the rudder. At least until you're used to it. Also, make sure the tailwheel is locked. (In the VC it's a small red handle on the lower right.) Let the tail come up a bit before you lift off, and when you get airborne, stay in ground effect until you're at climbing speed. There is a tendency to overcontrol in this thing, particularly if you've been flying the P-51 or Butcher Bird a great deal. The Jug is a helluva lot heavier and can't take so much jerkin around without stalling.

I tried to land earlier with all that ordnance and fuel and flared too abruptly, stalled, and dropped right in. My right landing gear collapsed and i skidded along with one wing and my right belly dragging. (I got a screenshot. It was actually kinda fun.)

AU
Last edited by alias_unknown_2004 on 12 Oct 2005, 17:22, edited 1 time in total.

WWFII
Airman First Class

Post by WWFII »

Lucky GUYS! I'm downloading the P47, but only @ 46KB/sec, and it's getting slower and slower... :(

Jib01
Senior Airman

Ok, I checked it out again and it is fine.

Post by Jib01 »

The problem is with over correction. I am now able to get it off the ground.

BUT REMEMBER, I AM USING FULL REALISM ON ALL THE SLIDERS.

You know, I bet our fly boys had the same problem coming from Spitfires that rotated at 80-90mph and getting into this thing that rotates better at 120-130. Just watch the ailerons at low speed. Gota make it up to 120 without any aileron, just rudder.

I checked all the models and some get off better than others especially with 1 notch down on rudder.

It is all ok, I'm sorry.

I feel like a transfer from the Eagle Squadron.....

Regards
Jib01/02
Pentium 4 HT @ 3.06ghz
2Gig of OCZ 667mhz ram
160Gig Sata drive

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

One of the coolest things about this Jug is the way the engine sounds. If you ever heard a real R2800 at full throttle, it sounds like it's purring. It reminds me of an old, big block Chevrolet engine. It produces metal twisting toque w/o even breaking a sweat.

The other thing is, even with all this power, it take a lot of runway to get all that weight airborne. Then, you jump in the XP72 and the plane rockets off the ground and climbs with authority.

This is an awesome plane to go on long rides with.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

WWFII
Airman First Class

Post by WWFII »

My only wish is that you had more bandwidth! heh I'm still downloading...It's down to 30KB/sec., and it's halfway through.

Well, at least I know the wait WILL BE MORE THAN WORTH IT! Thanks again for making this wonderful aircraft come alive!

Panther_99FS
Staff Sergeant

Post by Panther_99FS »

Sounds to me like a joystick problem - Once I've got enough airspeed to lift off the runway, absolutely no problems...(unless you drop only one wing tank <grin>)...

Seriously though...Try recalibrating your joystick at the least....

Jib01
Senior Airman

Post by Jib01 »

Hey Panther,

Are you set for full realism ?? All sliders at max ?? If you aren't doin the rudder thing you aren't at Full Realism.....

I have a Microsoft Precision 2 without the feedback and it always works great.

Regards
Jib01/02
Pentium 4 HT @ 3.06ghz
2Gig of OCZ 667mhz ram
160Gig Sata drive

Panther_99FS
Staff Sergeant

Post by Panther_99FS »

Jib01 wrote:Hey Panther,

Are you set for full realism ?? All sliders at max ?? If you aren't doin the rudder thing you aren't at Full Realism.....

I have a Microsoft Precision 2 without the feedback and it always works great.

Regards
Jib01/02

Yes, I'm at FULL REALISM, and ALL SLIDERS AT MAX....

new reply

Return to “Republic P47 "Thunderbolt"”