THE JUG IS HERE!!

Big, Powerful, and Heavy
new reply
mudmarine
Staff Sergeant

THE JUG IS HERE!!

Post by mudmarine »

And it's beautiful! Thank you Shockwave! This is the best wedding present a guy could ask for! :D Semper FI, MudMarine

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

I so much wanted to tell you we are about to release it, but the package is 130MB, and it's better that everyone not know the precise time it comes out because the initial hit on our store can be quite hard.

All the best with your Wedding.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

46th_Terror
Staff Sergeant

Post by 46th_Terror »

Glad it is out. It is one awsome aircraft.

alias_unknown_2004
Senior Airman

Post by alias_unknown_2004 »

Downloading even as i type this.

Thanks Scott and Shockwave!

AU

dj51d
Senior Airman

Post by dj51d »

Thanks for another great aircraft! I've been having a blast.

Does anybody know how to get rid of the replay banner for future shots?
Dan Johnson

lyco
Airman

Post by lyco »

Just got mine too.. Initial impressions.. WOW!!!!

Fantastic job from Shockwave.

:D

alias_unknown_2004
Senior Airman

taking a break from flying this beautiful aircraft to say: DAaaaaammmmmmnnn. Best money I've ever spent on a flight sim!

mudmarine
Staff Sergeant

Post by mudmarine »

Sweet Ride!! I've got about four hours behind the stick so I've only scratched the surface. I haven't even flow the XP-72 yet! I just have to say WOW also!! It's so much more diffrent than the other WOP planes, as it should be. The Jug is a whole diffrent animal than the Stang and B Bird. I'm really enjoying the diffrence! The Jug takes a real smooth hand to fly it compared to the stang which you can just crank. The bombs and drop tanks are awesome, finally we get to drop something! The V cockpit is beautiful! I give this bird a 10 out of 10, I'm in LOVE!! Semper Fi, MudMarine

Thanks for the wishes Scott!

alias_unknown_2004
Senior Airman

I've yet to get out of "My Gal Sal". Beautiful plane. The first Jug in any sim you get a good impression of it's size. (There's a razorback at the Museum of Flight at Boeing Field in Seattle. I take my nephew up there regularly to worship under it. I could stand there admiring it for hours.)

I love the way this baby flies. Huge, very stable. 14 thousand pounds thundering down the runway. I have to admit, I couldnt' resist dropping the thousand pounders on the Space Needle. Going into a dive from 10 thousand feet. (Like somebody once said of the Jug: "I have never seen a plane lose such appalling chunks of altitude in so short a time!") Only trouble is: No damage! :(

I also couldn't resist chasing down a DeHavilland Dash on final at KSEA. I got it settled in the iron crosshairs an squeezed the trigger. My machine guns must be jammed. :( :D

dutch506
Senior Airman

Post by dutch506 »

Had to wait through the whole day at work to come home and try the Jug.

First impressions...

I AM IN LOVE!!!!!!!

Beautiful to fly, look at, listen to...just a remarkable bird all around!!!

Scott, I don't know how you and your team do it, but don't stop...whatever it is!!! I am a proud owner of all the WoP birds, and you guys just keep getting better and better!

AC
A2A First Lieutenant

Post by AC »

alias_unknown_2004 wrote:I've yet to get out of "My Gal Sal". Beautiful plane. The first Jug in any sim you get a good impression of it's size. (There's a razorback at the Museum of Flight at Boeing Field in Seattle. I take my nephew up there regularly to worship under it. I could stand there admiring it for hours.)

I love the way this baby flies. Huge, very stable. 14 thousand pounds thundering down the runway. I have to admit, I couldnt' resist dropping the thousand pounders on the Space Needle. Going into a dive from 10 thousand feet. (Like somebody once said of the Jug: "I have never seen a plane lose such appalling chunks of altitude in so short a time!") Only trouble is: No damage! :(

I also couldn't resist chasing down a DeHavilland Dash on final at KSEA. I got it settled in the iron crosshairs an squeezed the trigger. My machine guns must be jammed. :( :D
In an earlier post I suggested that maybe we can hook up the trigger to screen shot taking and use it as a gun camera with the criteria being that seven properly aimed shots in succession scores you a virtual kill.

(similar approach for scoring dropped bombs, with screen shot taken in the vertical .)

We could use that technique in an OTU Training program I hope to write soon for WOP. I could incorporate the technique and scoring ground rules into that in a similar fashion to the way Gun camera shots are scored in real life training programs.

Just as is done in the Bombing Competition scenario administersd by Doc for B17 II, on the Bombs-away Forum.

alias_unknown_2004
Senior Airman

AC,

That's a good idea. I have a series of stills from chasing down a Cessna Caravan. (Took me about 10 minutes from take-off at McChord AFB to get up to it's atlitude, which was about 13,000 feet. There was a Bombadier flying over it at about 30 thousand feet, but I figured i didn't have hope in hell of catchin that in My Gal Sal.)

I woulda posted the pics but I have no idea how to do that. Nice pics though, the Caravan in the Crosshairs. :D

I love the jug. :D

AU

AC
A2A First Lieutenant

Post by AC »

alias_unknown_2004 wrote:AC,

That's a good idea. I have a series of stills from chasing down a Cessna Caravan. (Took me about 10 minutes from take-off at McChord AFB to get up to it's atlitude, which was about 13,000 feet. There was a Bombadier flying over it at about 30 thousand feet, but I figured i didn't have hope in hell of catchin that in My Gal Sal.)

I woulda posted the pics but I have no idea how to do that. Nice pics though, the Caravan in the Crosshairs. :D

I love the jug. :D

AU
The reason I specified seven successive shots was because that was the length of the caliber 50 burst we were taught to fire in gunnery school. It was timed by our saying subliminally "Yank-ee-Doo-dle-went-to-town!"as we held down the trigger trip, with each explosion being one syllable.

For this reason we need to take seven frames as rapidly as possible with , of course, no "freeze Frame"pauses while the screenshots were taken.

(This is just my initial thinking ... If we all give it some thought I believe we can come up with a workable and fair screen shot multiplayer scoring procedure, for both air to air and air to ground virtual combat, using simulated guns, rockets and bombs.)

dutch506
Senior Airman

Post by dutch506 »

Oh, yes...this bird definitely drops like an anchor!

I remember an old Bob Stevens comic from AIR FORCE magazine with two fighter types in a bar. The one pilot...who has obviously heard enough from the other one, looks up from his drink and says:

"OK, so your P-51 can out accelerate my Jug, but I'll bet you a drink that I can OUTFALL ya!" :lol:

new reply

Return to “Republic P47 "Thunderbolt"”