Hawk
Senior Airman

Post by Hawk »

Sure you can, just hit the "esc" button. :lol:

Hawk

dutch506
Senior Airman

Post by dutch506 »

There was an attempt, just before SAC was dissolved, to change the motto to"War is our profession. Peace is the result." It didn't go very far.

Well, I'm going to go sit in my recliner with my copy of "Zemke's Wolf Pack" and try not to worry too much about the release.

Having said this, it will probably be released five minutes after I log off!

AC
A2A First Lieutenant

Post by AC »

dutch506 wrote:There was an attempt, just before SAC was dissolved, to change the motto to"War is our profession. Peace is the result." It didn't go very far.
That was after my time. Too long and not catchy enough!

The slogan that made me upchuck though was :

Personal

Reliability

In

Daily

Effort

redrooster
Technical Sergeant

Post by redrooster »

Huh :?:
What's that supposed to mean, be reliable every day in your job??
Have pride in your job?
I can uderstand why you didn't like that one.
redrooster.

AC
A2A First Lieutenant

Post by AC »

It kinda insulted the intelligence of alert crews who were standing by to go get shot at.

Some Second John assigned to Public Relations probably dreamed it up, but I'll bet it's still painted on the hangar at March Field! :roll:

mudmarine
Staff Sergeant

Post by mudmarine »

DUTCH 506....There's a real nice point....We, the airforce, dropped the bomb so we're better? You had to hit the target somehow so they gave you the biggest bomb that way you wouldn't miss! Once again the Marine Corps has no use for the airforce, we don't need you. You do have some nice planes though! Semper Fi, MudMarine

AC
A2A First Lieutenant

Post by AC »

mudmarine wrote:DUTCH 506....There's a real nice point....We, the airforce, dropped the bomb so we're better? You had to hit the target somehow so they gave you the biggest bomb that way you wouldn't miss! Once again the Marine Corps has no use for the airforce, we don't need you. You do have some nice planes though! Semper Fi, MudMarine
The other day , when I returned a salute of a marine guarding the gate he told me,

"Sir, Marines are not supposed to salute if they are driving a vehicle."

I replied,

"In the Air Force we can do more than one thing at a time!" :D

46th_BlackWatch
Airman

Post by 46th_BlackWatch »

Yeah, like the wingerwiper taking a leak next to a Marine. The Marine finishes and turns to walk out of the head. The wingwiper says, "In the Air Force they teach us to wash our hands after we urinate." The Marine just smiled and said,"In the Marine Corps they teach us not to pee on our hands."

AC
A2A First Lieutenant

Post by AC »

46th_BlackWatch wrote:Yeah, like the wingerwiper taking a leak next to a Marine. The Marine finishes and turns to walk out of the head. The wingwiper says, "In the Air Force they teach us to wash our hands after we urinate." The Marine just smiled and said,"In the Marine Corps they teach us not to pee on our hands."
The first time I heard that one was over seventy years ago... only when my dad told it to me it was about a Yale Man and a Harvard Man. :wink:

Isn't Scott EVER gonna post that the P47s are ready?????????!

I wonder if they will have ammo in their guns???

If not perhaps we will be able to rig our triggers to take a series of pictures... and if we properly lead the target for 7 pictures, in a row, we get a Kill. (or some such rule) ... sorta like analysing gun camera shots in training.
Last edited by AC on 10 Oct 2005, 22:07, edited 1 time in total.

mudmarine
Staff Sergeant

Post by mudmarine »

Well I have to say the Marine was right again. It's not correct to salute while driving a car, safety issue. I guess I could say what the airforce does with the other hand but I'll keep the PG rating. It's all in good fun anyhow :D I love the airforce they have some really nice planes. Semper Fi, MudMarine

AC
A2A First Lieutenant

Post by AC »

mudmarine wrote:Well I have to say the Marine was right again. It's not correct to salute while driving a car, safety issue. I guess I could say what the airforce does with the other hand but I'll keep the PG rating. It's all in good fun anyhow :D I love the airforce they have some really nice planes. Semper Fi, MudMarine
Sure, I was holding my ID card out the window for him to see.

Actually I remember when they put that rule into effect... The Air Force has it too... But I ignore it because you guys deserve a salute for protecting the rest of us these days.... and I'll render you one even if I wreck the car doing it!

mudmarine
Staff Sergeant

Post by mudmarine »

Thanks for the respect! All joking aside, we're in it together!! That's the real deal! Semper Fi, MudMarine

richardaero
Airman Basic

Post by richardaero »

The screenshots of all the aircraft look excellent. The virtual cockpits as has been said are probably the best produced cockpits in fs2004.
But I have two gripes, …there’s always one I hear you say! The gripe is noticeable in the screenshot of the Razorback flying towards you, the wing is far too thick towards the tips, I know it’s a chunky old bird but the wing section there is much thinner, with a gradual taper from the wing route outwards.
The second gripe is the height of the bubble canopy, it’s way too high, check out the photos and look at the real machine. I’m lucky enough to have a 47 practically on my doorstep so I see the aircraft very regularly and can honestly say that the bubble is closer to the pilot’s head. I know this will depend on the height of the pilot but I hope you see what I mean.
Don’t get me wrong I will buy the aeroplane whatever you do because the series are one of the best in FS2004, perhaps that’s why I feel strongly enough to make a point over what I feel are inaccuracies.

Many thanks for your fine work.

Richard

dutch506
Senior Airman

Post by dutch506 »

mudmarine wrote:Thanks for the respect! All joking aside, we're in it together!! That's the real deal! Semper Fi, MudMarine
The reason there is interservice harassment is that we are the only ones who can handle it.

In war, however...you mess with one of us, you get us all!

My hat's off to all of my fellow military...active duty or not!

new reply

Return to “Republic P47 "Thunderbolt"”