Any ideas?

Big, Powerful, and Heavy
new reply
Point-man
Staff Sergeant

Any ideas?

Post by Point-man »

I was wondering if you guys had any idea of what the P-47 package is going to cost. Just curious to see if I'm going to get killed by my other half since I bought the WoP Heavy bombers and then right after that bought the P-51 and FW-190... After that I bought the active camera so I've spent some money... hehehe

thanks,
Point

Point-man
Staff Sergeant

Post by Point-man »

man 35 views and no replies? All I wanted to know was is it going to be $20, $30, $40??? I have to cover my tracks from my other half ya know... Other wise there is no flying for me, she'll have me out painting the fence or something...

alias_unknown_2004
Senior Airman

Post by alias_unknown_2004 »

Well I woulda replied if I only knew...I imagine it'll run about what the other's are: Around 29.95.

(but secretely, i'd probably shell out twice that for a set of Jugs this nice. :D But shhh, don't tell the guy's at Shockwave though...I'd hate for it to influence them in any decision to charge more. :P)

AU

Point-man
Staff Sergeant

Post by Point-man »

well since I have been waiting for this to come out I have recently bought : Realair spitfire, Aeroplane Heavens Corsair, Spitfire, and P-47 all megapacks, Skyunlimited Mustang pack and the 109's, all of the WoP planes, P-51, FW-190, and the Heavy bomber pack. Justflight Spitfires and I've downloaded many others. One thing that I can say for certain is Shockwave has the BEST virtual cockpits around out of any that I've seen yet!!! The aeroplane heaven P-47 has a very nice outside model but the VC could use some work. The sound are pretty good but from what I've seen Shockwave is going to blow them out of the water. I said in another post that the P-51 is friggin great. The sounds, A- on the flight model, and the outside model is well done as well. Not as good as the Classic Warbirds Design Team but I don't own them so I can't really say from experience. All I know is from what I'm told and the pics. However I'm very very happy with my purchase. Anyway once again I think this P-47 is going to be the best on the market!!! Thats how the movies and pics look to me anyway...

Hawk
Senior Airman

Post by Hawk »

Well one thing is for sure Point-man, you have joined the "Warbird Junkie Club". I used to fly a lot of big iron and GA planes but, have deleted most everything but warbirds from my hard drive now. Being a warbird junkie is a wonderful thing. :lol:

Hawk

alias_unknown_2004
Senior Airman

I used to buy every aircraft add-on I could find too, but was almost always dissapointed with them. I bought the Aeroplane Heaven P-47 package, of course, and like Pointman said, the external model was nice, but the VC turned made me cringe. When I recently reinstalled FS9, the only add-on I loaded was WoP Heavy Bombers and Jets and the P-51.

I used to fly the C-172 almost exclusively, mostly because i fly one in real-life and have a PIM. And switched to Il-2 or CFS3 when I needed a warbird fix or wanted to blow stuff up. But after I discovered WoP, I bought a POH for the B-17 and flew that almost exclusively, untilt he P-51 was available, and bought the POH for that and fly it exclusively...until the second I download the p-47. Being a die-hard Thunderbolt fan, I've always had an adverserial relationship with the Mustang. :wink: (always thought it looked a bit like a rainbow trout) but I've really enjoyed the Shockwave version.

After this P-47 all I'll ever need is a Shockwave P-38. (hint hint)

AU

mudmarine
Staff Sergeant

Post by mudmarine »

YES, an awesome WOP P-38 would be the stuff! Semper Fi, MudMarine

redrooster
Technical Sergeant

Post by redrooster »

What they said :) A P-38 and Bf-109 and we would have a very complete WOP for the ETO, at least in terms of the most important/famous prop aircraft.

redrooster.

Point-man
Staff Sergeant

Post by Point-man »

I don't mean to sound dumb here but what is "POH"??? Oh baby, a P-38 would be a dream come true if shockwave does it. I would like to see a F4U and a F6F from them as well.

alias_unknown_2004
Senior Airman

Point-man,

POH= Pilot Operating Handbook (also called the PIM=Pilot Information Manual. Used interchangeably, as far as I can tell.)

Zeno's warbirds includes a PDF of the original Operating Handbook on their training DVD's, but you can find bound copies a lot of times on-line as well. They contain all of the invaluable information, like take-off and landing distances, climb and endurance charts, as well as recommended operating and emergency procedures.

They're essential for planning long cross-country flights, and particularly for WoP aircraft, which, as their sales literature says: "Fly by the book."

AU

GT182
Staff Sergeant

Post by GT182 »

Maybe Scott will head to Mid Atlantic's WWII Weekend this coming June and get some shots of the Bf-109 that will be there. It's the only 109 flying in North America.

www.maam.org
"War does not determine who is right- only who is left" Bertrand Russell

Member Of Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, Pa.
Tour Coordinator KILG and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG
Bombs-Away.net

new reply

Return to “Republic P47 "Thunderbolt"”