movie questions

Big, Powerful, and Heavy
redrooster
Technical Sergeant

movie questions

Post by redrooster »

I have two question about the P47 movie.

1. In the first seen with the take-off, the aircraft is stalling right while rolling,
this happens right as the flaps are lowered and all wheels are on the ground(I assume). Why is this, what is happening?

2. At time about 3:07 in the movie it shows the cockpit and above it is a weird grayish colored circle. What is it :?

Thanks,
redrooster.

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

Gee! And I was more concerned about that big red stripe down the right hand side of the movie. :oops:
Snuffy

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

The circle is a functional mirror.

At the time I shot this movie, the flight models were in their primitave state. I'm not a flight modeling engineer, so I don't know but that stalling is not happening now. There are some very innovative things going into this aircraft right now - things that I have wanted to have in a flight sim for a very long time.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Spilot69
Airman First Class

Post by Spilot69 »

Are we talking a few weeks or months till approximate delivery. Looks amazing, I have Alphasim's new p-47 because I bought the old one and thats great but this will knock it out of the water for sure! Great job, any chance for razorback version later!

Adam

GT182
Staff Sergeant

Post by GT182 »

Just got the movie.... SWEET!!! Looks amazing.

This is the nicest looking and seems to be the most functional so far. I like it. I haven't got the others yet, 51 and 190, but it looks like I might go broke soon. LOL Tracker Ir 3 and vectoring software comes first, but these are going to be a must have, and soon. Great work Scott, and to all the rest too, working on this project. ~S!~
"War does not determine who is right- only who is left" Bertrand Russell

Member Of Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, Pa.
Tour Coordinator KILG and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG
Bombs-Away.net

redrooster
Technical Sergeant

Post by redrooster »

As someone who owns all the WoP products, they are worth the money. You won't be dissapointed GT182 :D

redrooster.

Hawk
Senior Airman

Post by Hawk »

I second what redrooster said. I also have "ALL" of WOPs offerings and pretty much fly only them. You will not regret anything WOP puts out. :D

Hawk

Villicus
Senior Airman

Post by Villicus »

Yup, ditto what they said. WOP products are the benchmark for consistent quality in all their products.
ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z LGA 1155 Intel Z68 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core
Asus 5870 Eyefinity 6 CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

SD_Research
A2A Major

Re: movie questions

Post by SD_Research »

redrooster wrote:I have two question about the P47 movie.

1. In the first seen with the take-off, the aircraft is stalling right while rolling,
this happens right as the flaps are lowered and all wheels are on the ground(I assume). Why is this, what is happening?

2. At time about 3:07 in the movie it shows the cockpit and above it is a weird grayish colored circle. What is it :?

Thanks,
redrooster.
The stalling is accurate. The aircraft, being a taildragger, sits at a very high angle of attack while on the ground. On your takeoff roll, you want to keep the stick back and hold the tail down until you get up to a speed where rudder authority will be sufficient for good directional control. During this "transition" the stick will shake and the stall warning will appear based on the in-game calculations of lift. Once the tail is lifted, however, the shaking stops and the stall warning disappears. Shortly thereaftery, you'll gain flying speed and can lift off.

alias_unknown_2004
Senior Airman

Post by alias_unknown_2004 »

"The stalling is accurate. The aircraft, being a taildragger, sits at a very high angle of attack while on the ground. On your takeoff roll, you want to keep the stick back and hold the tail down until you get up to a speed where rudder authority will be sufficient for good directional control. During this "transition" the stick will shake and the stall warning will appear based on the in-game calculations of lift. Once the tail is lifted, however, the shaking stops and the stall warning disappears. Shortly thereaftery, you'll gain flying speed and can lift off." -- SD_Research.

Aw, I can't wait to fly it!

Keep up the good work,

AU

redrooster
Technical Sergeant

Post by redrooster »

Thanks for the take-off tips SD :D

One other question I have is how violent is the torque of the P-47? On the Mustang, you have to be careful on take-off and advance the throttle very slowly so not to veer off the runway. In the movie, though it was hard to tell, it appeared that the torque was very slight.
On a sort of related note, since the XP-72 has contra-rotating props, I am guessing that it has less torque the regular Jugs , right?

Thanks,
redrooster :D

GT182
Staff Sergeant

Post by GT182 »

Red, seeing I'm on a very fixed income... The Warden controls the money.. LOL, I have to take it slow and save for what I get. Priority #1 for now is a new Tracker 3Pro with vectoring software. That's coming soon. This winter I'll be able to get the WOP addons. All I need is lots of snow up here and it won't take long to get them. :D :wink:

Then I have to save for my excursions next summer. MAAM's WII Weekend is the first weekend in June and I can't miss that, I work the Main Gate. Next up for the second weekend in August is our airshow with the Collings Foundation. And then on the last day for that, I hope to be with the Foundation's B-24J "Witchcraft" and B-17G "9O9" as a crewmember for a month. And maybe, I'll be close enough to get to see Scott at one of the airports up here in the New England states. :D

Bombs-Away.net

Hawk
Senior Airman

Post by Hawk »

GT182 wrote: Then I have to save for my excursions next summer. MAAM's WII Weekend is the first weekend in June and I can't miss that, I work the Main Gate. :D
I went to MAAM's WW2 Weekend this past June (it was my first time) and loved it. I am alreday planning next years trip. It was a 7 hour drive for me but, it was well worth it indeed. I can't wait for June to get here. :D

Hawk

GT182
Staff Sergeant

Post by GT182 »

Hope to see you there next June Hawk. I found out the other day that MAAM will have an Avro Lancaster (from the Canadian heritage Museum I believe) and the only Bf-109 flying in North America there for 2006.

Bombs-Away.net

redrooster
Technical Sergeant

Post by redrooster »

Sounds great GT182, I hope I can make it, though I doubt I can this year :( ,
but I can try :)

redrooster.

new reply

Return to “Republic P47 "Thunderbolt"”