Against orders

Big, Powerful, and Heavy
jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Against orders

Post by jcblom »

Bill, you have nothing to thank me for, your brother gave his life to help liberate my parents and grandparents, it's me that is thankful.

Since his aircraft's name was "wee three", I thought a third one would be appropriate ( I know, I get carried away sometimes), and I found a nice pic of #71 in France:

As for Lt. Wurmser's aircraft, no problem, apart from the serial on the tail. I have found info on him bailing out of a Razorback near Dover AAF (42-74808), but that would not the aircraft he's talking about I assume? 42-22672, 42-27647, 42-28049, 42-28094, 42-27978, 42-22485, 42-25292 & 42-28064 were all razorbacks with the 316th that were destroyed in crashes etc. I can take any of those numbers, unless he still has info on this aircraft?
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

wnyowell
Senior Airman

Post by wnyowell »

Hi Jan,
I just heard from Jerry:

"This is a shot of me and my plane, "just in case" they really want to do it. but as I say, just in case...Black Sheep's tail no. was 225742....just in case...Don't push'em Bill, they did a good job already, might be best to leave well enough alone. jerry"

His comment about not pushing it reflects what a fine gentleman he is. I am proud to know him; understand why my brother liked him; and look forward to seeing him again at the group reunion in March.
Attachments
Black Sheep 2.jpg
Black Sheep 2.jpg (33.65 KiB) Viewed 9723 times
Falcon-NW Talon; Intel Quad Core i7 2.67 GHz; ATI HD-4870;27" Acer Widescreen Monitor; Windows 7 Home Professional 64-bit; AV8R stick & Quadrant; CH Pro Pedals; TrackIR-4

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

Consider it done, Bill.
A fine gentleman indeed, he deserves it!

I see the number is also on the nose, was that the same with your brother's aircraft?
That is going to be tricky, as the textures are distorted there, but I'll give it a try.

wnyowell
Senior Airman

Post by wnyowell »

I don't know about the number on the nose. It doesn't appear to be on the right side (from that picture of the planes being armed with bombs). But it is on the right side on Jerry's plane: I thought the Squadron would have consistency in its planes, but maybe not. As to the logo or diamond; I'm wondering if the logo was on the left and the diamond on the right.

I'm sure you already know this. I use Photoshop Elements 3 for my photographs and have a free plug-in, Panorama Tools. Using perspective correction works to correct for the apparent lean for buildings photographed with the camera tilted up; I think it would also correct for things shot from the side.

Jerry's experience with the controls freezing in a dive that was too fast was pretty exciting. One panel of his parachute ripped from opening too fast. He showed me the drogue chute which he still has.
Falcon-NW Talon; Intel Quad Core i7 2.67 GHz; ATI HD-4870;27" Acer Widescreen Monitor; Windows 7 Home Professional 64-bit; AV8R stick & Quadrant; CH Pro Pedals; TrackIR-4

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

Hi Bill (and Jerry)

here's my first attempt at painting "Black Sheep", I still have to add the pilots name below the canopy (do we know the names of the mechanics?), and of course any remarks you or Jerry may have. What do you think, looking good? The rockets are still there, the shots were taken in FS9 where I cannot remove them. I'll make a few in FSX too, there I can remove them.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

You can remove the rockets in FS9 via a button on the 2D panel if you are flying the plane. That requires the 1.1 patch for the Thunderbolt Pack at the very least.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

Skycat wrote:You can remove the rockets in FS9 via a button on the 2D panel if you are flying the plane. That requires the 1.1 patch for the Thunderbolt Pack at the very least.
Ah, thank you for that info. I just re-installed the jug for FS9, but forgot the patch...

Here's a few pics of the "Black Sheep" in FSX (without the rockets):

wnyowell
Senior Airman

Post by wnyowell »

Jan, those are looking good to me. Wonder whether the "Belle" logo ought to be on the left cowling.

Jerry sent me two more pictures of Black Sheep.
Attachments
Real Black Sheep 3.jpg
Real Black Sheep 3.jpg (31.71 KiB) Viewed 9648 times
Real Black Sheep 1.jpg
Real Black Sheep 1.jpg (41.53 KiB) Viewed 9649 times

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

Wow great work guys!
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

I've uploaded the bare-metal skins to avsim and sim-outhouse.
#86 will follow later, I'm still waiting for comments on the latest version.

ICDP
BDG & A2A

Post by ICDP »

wnyowell wrote:Hi Jan,
I just heard from Jerry:

"This is a shot of me and my plane, "just in case" they really want to do it. but as I say, just in case...Black Sheep's tail no. was 225742....just in case...Don't push'em Bill, they did a good job already, might be best to leave well enough alone. jerry"

His comment about not pushing it reflects what a fine gentleman he is. I am proud to know him; understand why my brother liked him; and look forward to seeing him again at the group reunion in March.
Hi wnyowell,

I have been reading this thread with interest and was very moved to read your Brother's story. It might be over 60 years later but I still owe him my thanks and gratitude for paying the ultimate price for our freedom.

A2A are currently working on a new Razorback P-47 and I would love to do Jerry Wurmser's P-47. I have the textures 99% completed but would really love to know the names of Jerry's Crew Chiefs if possible.

Many thanks

Martin

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

from Jerry:
"Sgt. Heitz was my crew chief, sgt. Wazelnak asst. crew chief."

I just uploaded my version to Avsim and Sim-outhouse, but I'm sure you can make it look a lot better for the new version, Martin.

ICDP
BDG & A2A

Post by ICDP »

Many thanks jcblom. The new Razroback is much more detailed than the old FS9 model. It will have a paintkit on the same days it is released. I hope to see more of your excellent repaints.

Great work and thanks again.

Martin

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

ICDP wrote:Many thanks jcblom. The new Razroback is much more detailed than the old FS9 model. It will have a paintkit on the same days it is released. I hope to see more of your excellent repaints.
Great work and thanks again.
Martin
Wow, that pic of the "black sheep" in the new manual looks great. I can't wait to fly it in the sim.
I showed it to Jerry too, and he is one very happy veteran.

Thanks,

JanKees

ICDP
BDG & A2A

Post by ICDP »

It was my pleasure to do this paint jcblom. I have posted a larger scrrenshot of Balck Sheep here.

http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 23&t=12790

new reply

Return to “Republic P47 "Thunderbolt"”