WEP in FSX

Big, Powerful, and Heavy
new reply
Test Pilot
Senior Airman

WEP in FSX

Post by Test Pilot »

I've finally gotten my P-47 pack installed in FSX. Using Acceleration, everything looks great, but Im not able to use the WEP. When I press the button for it, the message flashes across the screen saying it is engaged, and then immediately after this it says disengaged. Curiously, holding the key down produces the constant flickering of messages youd expect, but the increase in sound of the engine as a result of being fed by the water can be heard as well as flickering of the MP. It just doesnt stay there for even a second without me constantly holding the key. Never had any problems with the WEP in FS9, but when I added WEP to the Fw190As in FSX, it works perfect. There also seems to be a problem with WEP even for FSX native planes like the WWII fighters P47. When I press the key nothing happens although the message flickers again, but only once at full throttle, the WEP kicks in. I've increased the pre-WEP MP in the WOP 47 set to compensate, but I was wondering if there is a fix for this so that WEP is activated by switch, or at full throttle...

Thanks!

archangelmj12
Airman

Re: WEP in FSX

Post by archangelmj12 »

Test Pilot wrote:I've finally gotten my P-47 pack installed in FSX. Using Acceleration, everything looks great, but Im not able to use the WEP. When I press the button for it, the message flashes across the screen saying it is engaged, and then immediately after this it says disengaged. Curiously, holding the key down produces the constant flickering of messages youd expect, but the increase in sound of the engine as a result of being fed by the water can be heard as well as flickering of the MP. It just doesnt stay there for even a second without me constantly holding the key. Never had any problems with the WEP in FS9, but when I added WEP to the Fw190As in FSX, it works perfect. There also seems to be a problem with WEP even for FSX native planes like the WWII fighters P47. When I press the key nothing happens although the message flickers again, but only once at full throttle, the WEP kicks in. I've increased the pre-WEP MP in the WOP 47 set to compensate, but I was wondering if there is a fix for this so that WEP is activated by switch, or at full throttle...

Thanks!
well,beings ive been flight simming for 30 years and flying real life for over 40,ill give you some tips about a2a shockwave,the credentials are there,they do really know what they are doing ,so heres some info thatll help you out,first and foremost,the aircraft (p47) is attempting to tell you something you should of known BEFORE you stepped into the cockpit,the thunderbolt as you would call it ,it the jug to all of us at the first defense airport located in Millville ,NJ,built in 1939,the site of well over 65 p47 thunderbolt and one thunderchief pilot deaths during training ops,two reasons for this,and this is for everyones tech ability,and of course if you were on playstation the flight dynamics wouldnt matter,but it so happens you are in the number one sim aircraft amongst all that a2a creates.First and foremost,when dropping tanks center first,why?this is the number one cause of pilot error in p47s,if their are no wing tanks and you drop the center the nose of the aircrat lifts so abrupty that there is no recovery resulting in the aircraft flying upside down,and backwards,resulting in g forces and usually unconciousness end of pilot and aircraft,second is that the jug although slow and a real putt putt at low altitudes at altitudes above 20000 cruises like a p51,and in a dive and or ascent is one of the fastest if not the fastest rate of climb of any aircraft per its weight ratio compared to any other in its class,(heaviest armoured aircraft ever made until its sister the a10 thunderbolt,both slower than 400 mph,but butt kickers almost always coming home,now on the subject of wep,its not about the speed when your attempting to use it,its about altitude and speed and all for a very good reason,all of those gadgets knobs and switches in the cockpit are not there for show,youre fuel mixtures,oil cooling,radiators,they all play a part of the wep and its imperative that you know what youre when inside of the aircraft,or ypu wont be stepping out but rather possibly getting carried out.My suggestion is that you get a very good book on all aircraft of the era you like and study them well,its all about teaching and learning,thats what flying is all about,any real pilot will tell you,there isnt a single flight that you dont learn from,and when you learn,tell the pthers thats one of the secrets of the dogfight,making it back and shooting the bull.i have over 450 aircraft on my sim,and ill tell you ,maybe 100 are flight dynamic perfect,all the way to the stall and spinouts,and the very top of the line,a2a shockwave.If youve never experienced sitiing in a real world war two fighter,do it ,sit back close the canopy,and youre going to smell an aroma youve never knew existed,they have a special scent,get the feel,hold the stick,lay back and relax and let youre mind soar....thats how i grew up.sitting in the aircraft with the wings destroyed from crash landings,climbing up into the jet exhaust whereas the engine was removed(sabre ,korea)and letting myself get to know each rivet,this was the childhood of a farmboy in the 50s and 60s whos now approaching 53 this month,ive the largest collection of debris from all of those crashes in the 40s and 50s and i still go out after each rain and walk thru the bombing strafing range that adjoins the southside of the Millvilee Airport,(now the Bevans Wildlife Management Area)and even when in my treestand during deer season,and or on the ground during pheasant i still manage to find the decomposing torpedos,500 lb belly bombs,the rockets and parts of them(the 47 used tubes as you see on a2a s p47)and oh about 400 pounds of pristine iron coppercoated 50 cal rounds and another 500 lbs of premium brass 50 cal casings(the planes dropped them back then,the warthog keeps em)so thats the life of sim pilot for real,know an aircraft as an extension of youre body and you will always come home safely.heres my statement 1.IF THERE IS A DOUBT,THERE IS NO DOUBT AT ALL,2.IT IS WHAT IT IS,3.FATE IS WHEN SOMEONE DOESNT TAKE THE TIME TO MAKE A DECISION AND THATS WHERE THEY END UP,4.ITS NOT THAT LIFES SO SHORT,ITS THAT DEATH IS SO LONG.5.HAVE NO MERCY ON THE ENEMY,IF YOU DIDNT WANT TO KILL,YOU SHOULD OF THOUGHT ABOUT IT BEFORE STEPPING INTO THE AIRCRAFT.

new reply

Return to “Republic P47 "Thunderbolt"”