Monitor help + CTD!-SOLVED!

new reply
reflected
Master Sergeant

Monitor help + CTD!-SOLVED!

Post by reflected »

Hello!

I'm planning to buy a 19'' widescreen LCD monitor ( 1440x900). Will BoB work on it? will it be difficult to set it up?

Thanks!
Last edited by reflected on 23 Dec 2007, 15:18, edited 2 times in total.

reflected
Master Sergeant

Post by reflected »

And also: I have a poor PC (2gigHz, 1G RAM, ATI9600). I wonder if using a larger screen would affect its performance...I'm no expert, but if my PC has to control more pixels, it will be slower..am I right?

Bader
BDG

Post by Bader »

Yes. Try running at the same resolution on your current screen to see (or as close as you can get), it will likely be slower on your 9600 as it's not a stong card these days. (1440x900 has a 65% uplift in picture size over 1024x768, for example.)

You don't *have* to run an LCD at its native resolution of course. It's just that some things such as text can look a little odd if you don't. But it may be quite tolerable.
"Ah yes, Michael (Parkinson)," Bader replied, "But these particular Fockers were Messerschmitts..."

Intel Core I7 920 @3.57GHz
GA-EX58-UD3R Mobo
8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 PC3-12800 (1600MHz)
ATI HD4870 1024M
Win 7 Home
Saitek X52 Pro

reflected
Master Sergeant

Post by reflected »

I finally bought it: a Hanns-g 19" monitor, not the wide screen version, but the standard. I had a very hard time setting up the colours in BoB without succes (I played with the gamma setting too). I launched il2, it looked ok, so I got back to BoB. I was amazed, that the colours were perfect now. (ghost in the machine effect, but it looks good now:))

I cant use the 1290x whatever resolution, for the movements are lagging. not like low fps, but high fps with some serious "jumps" of the screen. I set it to the option in between 1024 and 1240, and now it's very nice.

Although I have one issue, wich is not only in BoB. the starboard side of my screen is off the monitor. In windows, I can't see the time. I must press the magic "adjusting" button on the monitor, and it solves the problem. Also, when I launch BoB, the "loading" line is off to the right. I press adjust, and it gets back to the middle. What should I do to stop this annoying button pressing all the time?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

reflected I like you converted to a flat screen recently. btw sorry am late but a 22inch hanns-g would have been a better choice and at least over here the hanns-g 22-21inch jobbies are only a very small amount more than the 19's.

Anyway remember to use the native monitor resolution for your desktop and all games, i had to manually select 1600x1050 or some such for my new bit of kit, plus of course in bob check your refresh rate, default for flat screens is about 60 I think
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

That is the Shader CTD. No solution so far.

It occurs in campaign mostly in external view over water when you open the map (M key) alot.

Workaround, avoid the map and external view when over water in the campaign.

I have never seem this one while loading. So if it is happening while loading then it is a new one.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

reflected
Master Sergeant

Post by reflected »

No CTDs so far..but this monitor issue is rather irritating. the right side is always off. I'll post a screenshot.

reflected
Master Sergeant

Post by reflected »

the funny thing is that on the screenshot, everything is ok...I drew a red line, where my monitor ends before pressing the "adjust" button:

reflected
Master Sergeant

Post by reflected »

I've installed a brand new driver for my Vcard. With the new Catalyst center, I've set up a couple of things. I got amazing graphics, but the movements ingame became very very lagging despite a good fps rate. so I set everything lower, and I think it's fine now. It didn't solve this screen problem, but those ugly runeay textures I posted in another thread are gone. Ahh, these PCs drive me crazy... :?

reflected
Master Sergeant

Post by reflected »

I solved it!!! :D
I played with the settings in the CCC, plus in the monitor menu, and I got it working fine now. None of these could solve the problem alone. Funny. I don't remember what I did exactly, but it works. In addition, those terrain issues are gone too. All's well that ends well. :)

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”