Remapping Joysticks/Gamepads

new reply
lposter
Airman Basic

Remapping Joysticks/Gamepads

Post by lposter »

Hello

First post! Anyway....Ive got BOB running nicely, patched to the gills, no real crashes, high 20-low 30's FPS and its all very nice and I am impressed.

The problem is I want to remap some buttons on my gamepad (I know, I know.....and I play on novice settings too and I dont care who knows it!).

In the Options meny I go to key mapper.

But all the "keys" in there are weird. There is nothing in there for example to say "Padlock next enemy" ....all the functions are in some kind of summary text.....I think.

If I leave it on default I am left with redundant buttons on my gamepad which would be much handier if they were assigned to the functions I use most (Padlock next enemy, etc.).

Am I missing something or does anyone know how to interpret the functions in the key mapping menu?

Sorry if I have missed something obvious.

Nice sim by the way! First one I have found worth the time since EAW!

lars

MadRobbie1
BDG

Post by MadRobbie1 »

Hello and welcome to BoBII 8)

OK, take a look at this thread: http://shockwaveproductions.com/forum/v ... php?t=8331 and download the PDF document from the link found there.

It will have everything you need to explain the key commands in the game, how they appear in the custom keymapping menu screen and a few other things besides :wink:

It's a few pages long, but well worth studying (and likely printing out for quick & easy reference later while playing!) :D

If you have any other questions about this or any other part of the game just fire away - there's usually a friendly hand on help in short time here :wink:

Good luck & enjoy!
Cheers!
Rob

aka CPS_Bomber
Win10 Home 64bit; i7-8700 3.2GHz, 32GB RAM, GTX1070 8GB, x2 500GB SSD, x1 2TB HDD, Track IR5.
Saitek: X-55, ProPedals, Throttle Quadrant, x2 ProGamer pads; VRInsight TT Panel.

All A2A aircraft, Accufeel and Aircraft Factory Corsair/P-51/Anson.

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

Hi and welcome to BOBII.

No problem running on Novice as it can be fun and take the pressure off.

Thanks for the Kind words o our time machine (BOBII) as we like to call it. Have fun and let us know how you are getting on.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

lposter
Airman Basic

Post by lposter »

Hi ho

Thanks for that! It hadnt occurred to me to check the other forum.....

Thats brilliant.....just what I was looking for.

BOBII is very fine. It was a bit hard to get decent frame rates out of it at first but then I did the optimisation guide and there were no real problems after that ( 2.2 GHz overclocked Athlon XP +2600, 1 Gb generic RAM, GeForce 6600 GT, 100 Gb Hard disk, nForce 2 MoBo).

Not the greatest machine ever but with weather/water/particles turned down and running at 1440x900 I cannot say I have noticed any stuttering at all.

Now and then some artifacts on screen but nothing to complain about.

Kudos to the developers for taking the time to breathe some life into BOB. EAW is a perfect example of a good game falling by the way side once XP/Geforce cards started becoming common. I know there is the OAW system but it was just too much work getting it together for me.

Just one request if anyone is ever looking for something to include in a new addon or whatever.

I havent gotten to grips with the campaign yet (but will) and am limited to instant action missions.

It would be nice if there was some kind of campaign generator so that instead of having to set up a campaign and then hop in the seat every time, that a player could participate in every mission of some kind of generated camapign for whatever side.

The instant action is great but it feels a bit "stinted" with no continuity at all. But getting up to my elbows in the campaign mode is a bit daunting just at the minute.

To participate as a pilot in a generated campaign could be cool.

But otherwise....well worth the few quid spnet on it and looking forward to getting right into it!

l

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

Hi Again,

I think we have the thing you are talking about. It is the Single Pilot Campaign (SPC). It is still getting some bug fixes but it is undergoing customers testing/play. Give it a try (be sure andread all the directions and instructions first).

http://shockwaveproductions.com/forum/v ... php?t=9096

TrackIR is smooth for me. Please review the following thread:

http://shockwaveproductions.com/forum/v ... php?t=6524
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

Bader
BDG

Post by Bader »

Welcome lars. Just let us know how you're getting on. Plenty of people to help. :)
"Ah yes, Michael (Parkinson)," Bader replied, "But these particular Fockers were Messerschmitts..."

Intel Core I7 920 @3.57GHz
GA-EX58-UD3R Mobo
8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 PC3-12800 (1600MHz)
ATI HD4870 1024M
Win 7 Home
Saitek X52 Pro

Saruk9
Airman Basic

Re: Remapping Joysticks/Gamepads

Post by Saruk9 »

I realized that up to four controllers could be more recognized or used by gamers. I've never tried that myself though, so that's just hearsay. I only try saitek and Logitech gamepads.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”