Possible hope for Windows 10 at the Matrix Games forum

new reply
Scotters
Airman First Class

Possible hope for Windows 10 at the Matrix Games forum

Post by Scotters »

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.as ... =&#4470319

I'm getting ready to move in a couple of months, and I had packed away my copy of BOBII, and I wanted to give it a try on a new powerful Alienware desktop, to see if maybe it would work. So I bought a copy from matrix game and I checked out their forum, and at that link, one gentleman has a possible solution. I say possible, because while it works for people over there, I don't know for sure if they are running 2.13, and I still had the (text) crash when I tried a battle in the campaign.

Anyways, its always worth a try, it may work with you, and the gentlemen over there may even find a solution for me. Matrix games has always been an excellent company with great support.

I hope we can all play 2.13 on Windows 10 soon!

zakblood
Airman Basic

Re: Possible hope for Windows 10 at the Matrix Games forum

Post by zakblood »

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4470642

here's my guide and links to what i've pre installed beforehand to help with the game, runs in windows 10 fine for me on my pc.

alt tabbing can cause issues, but if you give it time, it does come back on.

no alteration to shortcut used and no compatibility settings used.

takes a few hours to really test and alter for all screen sizes, but as shown, once found, both can be sorted and used to work with, default doesn't work the same, as altering the short cut for me didn't help either, and gave other CTD errors, so did it without altering and so far touch wood, no errors, minor graphic issue, but tbh i can or could live with it, as not sure if it would scale to a more correct size with my none default DPI in use, but as it works with everything for me, wasn't going to alter it for this, as i use a 42" LCD at 1920x1080, so higher than normal DPI isn't an issue for me, so you will or may have to alter to suit, but going the next size down worked for me.

hope it helps, not really a game player as such, just a full time retired game tester, who like to tinker :roll: :wink:

Scotters
Airman First Class

Post by Scotters »

I dont have time to test this until the weekend, but if you got this to work its going to make a lot of people happy. And even if it doesn't work, thank you for giving it a shot.

Commander Rod
Airman Basic

Post by Commander Rod »

Thanks!, will give it a try as soon as i have some spare time!

chrisreb
Airman

Post by chrisreb »

Watching with interest as I had given up and uninstalled BOB II

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”