No Sound in Game but Sound in Menu and Campaign?

new reply
gullwing
Airman

No Sound in Game but Sound in Menu and Campaign?

Post by gullwing »

I have been running BOBII successfully for years on Win7 without issue. Recently I upgraded my Radeon video card to a Nividia GeForce 1050TI.The game recognizes the new card.
During the upgrade I needed to do a System Restore. Following the restore, the new card installed successfully. Now, when I access BOBII, I get the "phoop" with menu selections and I get GCI audio in the Campaign. What I do not get are "in the cockpit" audio such as engine noise, ground control or any sound effects. I have tried every available option listed in the SOUND selection under "OPTIONS" menu. Any suggestions as to how to fix the in game audio? Thanks

PV
BDG

Re: No Sound in Game but Sound in Menu and Campaign?

Post by PV »

So no sound whatsoever in the 3D?

I guess you've tried reopening the program several times
with no change. Also rebooted the machine?

There is no switch I know of that can yield this result. I can
only suggest a BoB2 re-install, as I can't think
how this condition could persist in a good install. However,
this doesn't guarantee that will be the solution. But I don't
know how the vidcard could cause this, either.

...I have a 1060 sitting waiting to install on my W7 machine
that I've just been too busy to get to for the last month (though
the 275GB SSD I got at the same time was a huge success).
so now I'm somewhat trepidatious of that project.

rogeroger
Staff Sergeant

Post by rogeroger »

I've never heard of having to do a system restore on installing a new video card before, unless you mean a system reboot or restart. A system restore can corrupt programs and program settings depending on when the restore point was created. I would do a re-install of Bob2.

rogeroger
Staff Sergeant

Post by rogeroger »

The problem began when you changed graphics cards, so I'm thinking it may be a graphics card driver or directx 9 driver issue, maybe install the latest graphics card drivers or perhaps a different driver version to the one you are using. Some games work better with certain driver versions. Install latest dx9 driver from microsoft, I think this was the last version - "directx_Jun2010_redist".

gullwing
Airman

Post by gullwing »

To back up a bit, I was going to upgrade VC. I watched several YouTube videos on how to A) remove the drivers then B) physically install the card. Having that total false self confidence of a DIY'er I uninstalled the drivers per videos. I then shut down the system and rebooted before swapping cards. I then got Windows Startup Error, which after repair attempts suggested System Restore. That is when I took my system to a Professional computer shop. They did the System Restore and video card install. Some sims like RoF, BoS, IL2 work fine (awesome vc card). In addition to BoBII I am now having issues with WOFF UE (missing files not audio prob's). I will try the clean install and see what happens next.

One last question; after the clean install can I install only the last patch or do I install previous patches including the latest? I have done these as were released.
Thanks everybody for the help. I let ya'll know the outcome. GW

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

All BDG patches are complete and standalone, any patch
can be applied over any lower patch level back to a 2005
stock install.

(Going the other way is likely to generate trouble,
or at least leave a lot of unnecessary files around ie if you
were to load v2.06 over 2.13. )

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”