Thrustmaster TFRP Flight Rudder Pedals setup questions

new reply
Scotters
Airman First Class

Thrustmaster TFRP Flight Rudder Pedals setup questions

Post by Scotters »

So the game works fine with my warthog hotas and track ir, and now I want to know how to set up the Flight Rudder Pedals. Right now they don't do anything in the game. How do I set them up to do what they really did in WWII fighters?

I'm definitely not an expert on this, just learning how to get everything working in the game before I really learn how to fly. I have experience with Falcon BMS, and the rudders work fine there for the yaw and breaking.

Scotters
Airman First Class

Re: Thrustmaster TFRP Flight Rudder Pedals setup questions

Post by Scotters »

Never mind. My apologies for not looking for this in the manual before posting. It works now.

Prem Holdaway
BDG

Post by Prem Holdaway »

Hi scotters,

I think you will find like me you will have to use the Thrustmaster's target software. I found that I had to set the scx to none and the scy to none as the brake pedals on the TFRP use these and I had to change the trudder to dx_throttle_axis as the dx_z_axis is used by the right hand throttle on the warthog.

I will my file up on my website which is: www.g0dcp.co.uk/flightsimulation.html. I shall have it up by Monday so if you like to download it and put it in the Thrustmaster/target/project directory, then load it into your target software. It will give you a starting point and you can write whatever modification you wish.

I have to admit that the file has not been fully tested but you will at least have a starting point.

Hope this will be helpful.
Prem.

Asus Rog Strix Z690 F WiFi, Intel I9 12900 3200Mhz, 32Gig Mem 5600 DDR5, Asus AMD Radeon RX 6800, 1000W PSU, Windows 11 64bit, TrackIR 5 + Track clip pro, also TrackHat opentrack v3, Hotas Warthog + Viper TQS system & TRP rudder pedals.

Scotters
Airman First Class

Post by Scotters »

Thank you. Right now it works fine as a rudder, so that is nice!

Btw, do you play Falcon BMS? That's a game I have been learning to play for over a year, and then after watching Dunkirk I decided to dust off my old copy of BOB II, lol, and take on that challenge too!

Prem Holdaway
BDG

Post by Prem Holdaway »

Hi Scotters,

Pleased you have got your rudder working. I have now loaded the file on my website. If you require it, just follow the link on the homepage.

Okay on Falcon BMS. I did download it a few years ago but never did fly it. I used to fly the old Falcon four quite regularly.

I see from another post that you are wondering about dual booting. In the past I have dual booted, Windows XP/Windows 7, Windows XP/Windows 10 and on my latest machines Windows 7/Windows 10. As Pete (PV) has recommended, I would also recommend using two separate discs. I personally use Samsung Evo discs as they do a programme to restore them to manufacturer's specification. The others make it hard to bring them back to manufacturers specification
When putting on the second operating system, just make sure you put it on the empty disc.

Good luck with it all.
Prem.

Asus Rog Strix Z690 F WiFi, Intel I9 12900 3200Mhz, 32Gig Mem 5600 DDR5, Asus AMD Radeon RX 6800, 1000W PSU, Windows 11 64bit, TrackIR 5 + Track clip pro, also TrackHat opentrack v3, Hotas Warthog + Viper TQS system & TRP rudder pedals.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”