Free P3Dv4 upgrade for existing A2A P3Dv3 customers

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Re: Free P3Dv4 upgrade for existing A2A P3Dv3 customers

Post by mallcott »

AKar wrote:
mallcott wrote:Before anyone becomes biliously joyful, know that FSUIPC will NOT work with v4.
Update: it WILL work. ;) Albeit not from day one, and it means buying a new license.

In my case, there are zero issues with A2A products as they have rather comprehensive input configurator and I use the default axis commands. I only use the FSUIPC in rare cases where some addon takes use of some more...exotic axis (say, steering set). But I see cockpit builders can take these news relieving.

-Esa
As I know you are someone who appreciates precision and exactitude, FSUIPC 4 will NEVER work in P3d v4. Not ever.

Pete Dowson is therefore developing FSUIPC 5, a new version that is expressly intended for the 64-bit sim. THAT version will work - although how many of multifarious features that FSUIPC has grown to encompass over the years will find their way into the new version, and the new sim, is not yet open to speculation, far less comment.

I apologise that I wasn't precise about which version I was referring to in my previous post.

Brevity. Bad. :cry:

shortspecialbus
Staff Sergeant

Post by shortspecialbus »

To confirm, P3D versions purchased from FSS will receive new downloads from the retailer, yes? Or at least, you'll be providing them to FSS et al? Most of my stuff came from FSS taking advantage of discounts and conversion rates.

-stefan

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

shortspecialbus wrote:To confirm, P3D versions purchased from FSS will receive new downloads from the retailer, yes? Or at least, you'll be providing them to FSS et al? Most of my stuff came from FSS taking advantage of discounts and conversion rates.

-stefan
Yes as noted in the first post we will send out to third party retailers

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

CaptKornDog
Airman First Class

Post by CaptKornDog »

CaptKornDog wrote:What's the best way to update the FSX Comanche, Cherokee, Skyhawk, and Skylane to the P3Dv4 non-academic license (I don't meet the academic criteria likely)? Sounding like it's going to cost me $320?
Bump.

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

CaptKornDog wrote:
CaptKornDog wrote:What's the best way to update the FSX Comanche, Cherokee, Skyhawk, and Skylane to the P3Dv4 non-academic license (I don't meet the academic criteria likely)? Sounding like it's going to cost me $320?
Bump.
To my knowledge, there is no way except to get separate licenses. If I was in that position right now, I'd likely start by taking the one(s) I most actively use with me while maybe returning to the less active hangar later on. :)
mallcott wrote:As I know you are someone who appreciates precision and exactitude, FSUIPC 4 will NEVER work in P3d v4. Not ever.

I apologise that I wasn't precise about which version I was referring to in my previous post.
Honestly I wasn't nitpicking at all, but passing on the update by Pete that time. :) By the time of your post, it was uncertain, or doubtful even, if FSUIPC was going to be available, it was somewhat later when Pete confirmed the availability of version 5.

-Esa

Michal - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Michal - A2A »

stephan.cote.1 wrote:I was thinking about that issue yesterday.. I think I might have a work around for A2A to try..
Would it be possible to have let say 10 identical light (Same position of origine, same orientation, same colour) all set to a very low value of light.. and find a way for the rotary dimmer to turn on more and more of these overlapping identical light sources.. this would give our dimmer about 10 brightness level and make it possible to have a very dim light or a brighter one (all the way to 10x more bright than the most dimmed setting....

I'm pretty sure the 10 light sources is achievable but might be a bit more ressource hungry on FPS... my biggest doubt here is if a rotary knob can be program to control 10 lights sources...

What do you think guys?
You are correct, although ten light sources is not enough for the dash illumination. IIRC the lightmap was baked from 25 low intensity spotlights placed close together below the glareshield. To have a nice uniform lighting you'd need at least that amount of lights in the sim. To recreate dimmable lighting you'd need several such sets and considering there is a light limit in the sim, this system is not efficient.

If something will change down the road, we will adjust accordingly. :)

Demious
Airman First Class

Post by Demious »

Scott - A2A wrote:Vic,

Once the existing Prepar3D Accu-Sim fleet is released for version 4, we will begin the process of building Prepar3D versions of our FSX fleet of airplanes, including the Mustang. Moving FSX aircraft to Prepar3Dv4 is a more arduous process with some unpredictability, so we will take these projects one aircraft at a time and can't offer accurate predictions when each will be completed. And like previous Prepar3D products, these will be new, paid products when released.

Scott.

I hope we dont have to wait too long, the Mustang civ is one of my all-time favorites and I would love to fly this one in v4 and push those settings up high. Once the QotS will ereleased, I could miss every other aircraft for a while, but the A2A Mustang is the one that will keep me from deleting P3Dv3, untill its ready for v4.

stephan.cote.1
Staff Sergeant

Post by stephan.cote.1 »

Michal - A2A wrote:
stephan.cote.1 wrote:I was thinking about that issue yesterday.. I think I might have a work around for A2A to try..
Would it be possible to have let say 10 identical light (Same position of origine, same orientation, same colour) all set to a very low value of light.. and find a way for the rotary dimmer to turn on more and more of these overlapping identical light sources.. this would give our dimmer about 10 brightness level and make it possible to have a very dim light or a brighter one (all the way to 10x more bright than the most dimmed setting....

I'm pretty sure the 10 light sources is achievable but might be a bit more ressource hungry on FPS... my biggest doubt here is if a rotary knob can be program to control 10 lights sources...

What do you think guys?
You are correct, although ten light sources is not enough for the dash illumination. IIRC the lightmap was baked from 25 low intensity spotlights placed close together below the glareshield. To have a nice uniform lighting you'd need at least that amount of lights in the sim. To recreate dimmable lighting you'd need several such sets and considering there is a light limit in the sim, this system is not efficient.

If something will change down the road, we will adjust accordingly. :)
Gotcha Mike, Thank you for taking the time to reply! Too bad its no joy on this one but not a game breaker at the same time!

egajet
Airman Basic

Post by egajet »

I own A2A's Cherokee, Super Cub and T-6 for FSX. How can I upgrade these aircraft to the forthcoming P3D v4?
Thanks
Edmundo

Mephic
Airman

Post by Mephic »

I'm a bit late to the party, but when the links be exactly updated?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

egajet wrote:I own A2A's Cherokee, Super Cub and T-6 for FSX. How can I upgrade these aircraft to the forthcoming P3D v4?
Thanks
Edmundo
We offer point-of-sale bundles in our store in the same way you can buy bundled goods commonly offered in other retail outlets. We can’t offer long term P3D discounts because it is a new platform that is constantly changing.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Mephic wrote:I'm a bit late to the party, but when the links be exactly updated?
I wouldn't say you are late still a few hours before P3Dv4 goes live. The C172 on the A2A Store is live right now though, so you can re-download and have the P3Dv4 C172 ready and waiting for the new platform.

thanks,
Lewis

shortspecialbus
Staff Sergeant

Post by shortspecialbus »

Lewis - A2A wrote:
shortspecialbus wrote:To confirm, P3D versions purchased from FSS will receive new downloads from the retailer, yes? Or at least, you'll be providing them to FSS et al? Most of my stuff came from FSS taking advantage of discounts and conversion rates.

-stefan
Yes as noted in the first post we will send out to third party retailers

thanks,
Lewis
Thank you, apparently I am hard of reading and I missed it.

-stefan

Tutmeister
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tutmeister »

Downloaded but now I need my Cherokee, Spitfire, t6, Commanche, mustang, b17.......... In that order please, the rest can wait! :)

Chris
Owner of Fulcrum Simulator Controls
Spitfire Obsessive, GA Enthusiast.
https://www.fulcrumsim.com
https://www.facebook.com/fulcrumsimulatorcontrols

Nedo
Airman

Post by Nedo »

Hmmm i must be blind, on the store page i read for prepar3d v2, v3 nothing about v4...hmmm
HTC Vive User | Prepar3D 4.0 | A2A Piper Comanche 250

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”