Alt-X crashing: good news

new reply
scrambler
Airman

Alt-X crashing: good news

Post by scrambler »

Hello All,

I'm using Win7. Since returning about a year ago I've been plagued with random crashing when either dying or more commonly alt-X ing out of a finished mission, whether on the ground, in the air or under a parachute. problem usually strikes in the more complex missions. Also occasionally strikes when transitioning from instant action menu in mission launch.

I think I may have solved it, played about 15 in a row with no crashes at all, which is far far superior to the usual performance. I would have usually expected 4 or 5 crashes in that number of games.

The only thing I have changed recently, and therefore what I think the solution was, is to set both the 3D mission and 2D campaign screen resolutions to the same setting, which is also the same as the Windows native.

Sounds simple, but previously I hadn't changed the 2D setting as I had been concentrating on the 3D.

Matching them to match that and to my windows resolution seems to have done the job.

I had also previously avoided using the Windows native because I thought it might put too much strain on the graphics card, it's a widescreen 1920 X something, can't remember what.

Posted in here in case it helps anyone else.

Also - 2.13 is terrific. Thanks very much to the dwindling band of great people keeping this going. Much appreciated.
Windows 7 Pro x64. Dell Optiplex 7010
Intel i5-3470 quad core 3.2 GHz w/ 8GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD7570 w/ 1 GB RAM running on Catalyst 15.20
MS Sidewinder FFB2

Trumper
BDG

Re: Alt-X crashing: good news

Post by Trumper »

:) Thank you for the good news ,glad you are enjoying it now ,someone with more understanding of these matters hopefully will see this.

stickman
BDG

Re: Alt-X crashing: good news

Post by stickman »

scrambler,

Thanks for posting this note. This will help other folks.

We BDG guys must make this good advice more noticeable I think.
We tend to take it for granted that this advice was widely known. Well.. maybe it was 5 or 6 years ago.
New players nowadays need to be better advised about setting these different resolutions.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”