Cannot get past splash screen

new reply
zl2bmh
Airman

Cannot get past splash screen

Post by zl2bmh »

Hello All.
Of all the flight Sim games I've seen in my, well an extremely long time, this has really captured my attention. I pray someone can get me up and running, I am in no way, shape or form a computer buff.
I download and installed the download version 3 days ago. I have also installed the latest update and patches. I also installed Directx9c just in case.
The screen opens showing 2 aircraft. If I run the cursor around the edges and right click I get a few options eg name of airforce, aircraft and some other which don't open. In the meantime the page stays as it's done from the start. I did however manage to see a couple of video's on screen. The whole game appears to big for my 1920 x 1080 HD monitor but I have no way to change the resolution because there's no options eg any writing is very large.
Please can someone help me I'm desperate.
Regards, Jim zl2bmh.
COMPUTER: W10 updated from W7, 64bit, Quad Core, Intel i7 2.66Ghz,12gb Ram, GTX 920 24" Widescreen 1080p full HD Monitor. :cry:
Computer:W10 (updated from W7), 64bit, Quad Core, Intel i7 920 2.67Ghz , 12GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 570, 24" Widescreen 1080p full HD Monitor 1920 x 1080 Res.

stickman
BDG

Re: Cannot get past splash screen

Post by stickman »

Here are the Installation notes. It is important to read this and follow the advise therein:

http://www3.telus.net/v1ncent/bob/BoBII ... Readme.pdf

In the Battle of BritainII \ docs folder, these Notes are there, too.
In the docs folder are also the BOBII BDG V2.13 Release Notes that tell what has changed since v2.12. Plus other useful documents.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One important thing is that BoBII still needs the Windows text size to be at 96 DPI. (100%)

In Win 7 This can be found in Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Display >
Make text and other items larger or smaller > Set custom text size (DPI).

----

That said, I have been testing new code and new menu screens that arquillos made, that permits a DPI of 120%.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also important are the Properties settings within the BoBII .EXE icon.

Here is how I have always set these properties for Compatibility, ever since using Windows 7:

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 71#p412778

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make sure you have the Windows text size DPI settings to 96 DPI (100%) and
the BoBII icon Properties > Compatibility, set as shown above.

This may cure the weird problems that you described above.

zl2bmh
Airman

Post by zl2bmh »

Hello Stickman.

Thank you very much for your reply. Without it I'd never have succeeded it getting it working, please refer to my post immediately above.

Regards and thanks again.
zl2bmh
Computer:W10 (updated from W7), 64bit, Quad Core, Intel i7 920 2.67Ghz , 12GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 570, 24" Widescreen 1080p full HD Monitor 1920 x 1080 Res.

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

Happy that I was of some help. :)

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”