please explain in detail - radio orders

new reply
Snoopybob
Airman

please explain in detail - radio orders

Post by Snoopybob »

Please explain in detail the meaning of some radio orders.
1. Group Info
R-1-1 Report in (What does it mean and how to use it in the game?)
R-1-2 Report position (What does it mean and how to use it in the game?)
R-1-4 Report status (What does it mean and how to use it in the game?)
2. Pre-Combat
R-2-2 Patrol position (...?)
R-2-3 E/A vector (...?)
R-2-4 Airborne (...?)
R-2-5 Give freedom (...?)
R-2-6 Take command (...?)
3. Combat
R-3-1 Bandits! (...?)
R-3-2 Sighting request (...?)
R-3-4 Covering? (...?)
4. Post-Combat
R-4-1 Regroup (...?)
R-4-2 Send all home (...?)
5. Tower
R-5-1 Mayday! (...?)
6. Ground Attack
R-6-1 Begin your run (...?)
R-6-2 Strafe the target (...?)
R-6-3 Leave

1. Explain the situations in which these orders apply?
2. How can I as a commander - to make sure that my friends (bots) landed on my airfield - to be able to see it. )))

P/S. Let me express my deep gratitude to the entire community BoB 2 to support this wonderful project.
Sincerely yours - Andrew.

stickman
BDG

Re: please explain in detail - radio orders

Post by stickman »

Snoop,
Please explain in detail the meaning of some radio orders.
Ach! someone always asks the hard questions. :wink:
This is not my area of expertise, but I shall tell you what I know.

I spent 3 hours tonight searching for a definitive (detailed) list of exactly what these Radio Commands do, and what the responses are.
I remember that someone made a good List (long ago) that can explain them all better than I can.
Cannot find it. :(

The BDG has never documented this in the Manual. :(
I am again.. reminded of my favorite Beatles song verse of all time..
"We're so sorry! Uncle Albert! But we haven't done a bloody thing all day!"

Ah..
I did find this, on my search, which may explain some things (reading between the lines):

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Know that some radio commands can only be issued by the Squadron Leader. I shall try to high-light these commands.

I do know about how the Pre-Combat and Combat radio commands work.
Also, during my Search, I have collected some comments by Players and Testers from past time.
Which I shall write about tomorrow.
Right now I have to water my roses and cook my dinner.

Snoopybob
Airman

Post by Snoopybob »

Stiсkmen - thanks for your reply.))))))
I am very pleased that the winged guys - are brothers in the world)))))
Intuitively, I understand the meaning of radio ordering and yesterday was able to land at the airport along with his comrades (bots)))) aloha !!!!!))))).
Sorry that takes away your time - but you're right - I have not found an explanation in the instructions of radio commands (: It is very glad to your answer)))))))))).
I fly in the game Battle for Stalingrad and Rayzofflit online - but Bob 2 again awakened my heart))))))))))))))))

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

Snoopybob,
Sorry that takes away your time
We always need to take time and answer questions from Players. Would not be polite if we did not do so. :wink:
Perhaps some other Players more knowledgeable about radio commands may correct me, and offer some other info about this.

Here is my explanations of what these radio calls do.
I may be wrong about some of them, or what they really do. I am not the expert on radio commands.

All commands or calls, can be given by a Squadron Leader.
Some radio calls by a pilot not the Squadron Leader will work, as I know. There may be more? These are highlighted yellow.
The answers you receive as Sq. Leader or a wing man, will vary depending on the current situation.

R-1-1 Report in
You tell everyone in your Squadron to report in. To see if anyone is missing.
R-1-2 Report position
You tell everyone in your Squadron to report their position relative to you.
R-1-3 Fuel Check.
You tell everyone in your Squadron to report their fuel status.
R-1-4 Report status
You tell everyone in your Squadron to report any problems.

2. Pre-Combat
R-2-2 Patrol position
You ask Sector Control for directions to your Squadron's next Patrol Way Point.
R-2-3 E/A vector
You ask Sector Control for directions to your Squadron's assigned enemy Target Raid.
R-2-4 Airborne
After taking off and your Squadron is airborne and in formation, you tell Sector Control you are ready. Strange radio call, see below notes.
R-2-5 Give freedom
You tell everyone in your Squadron to attack your Squadron's assigned enemy Target Raid. You must an enemy aircraft in that formation Padlocked.
R-2-6 Take command
You tell everyone in your Squadron to wait for your command to break off and attack, I think.

3. Combat
R-3-1 Bandits!
You see and have an enemy formation Padlocked. You tell your Squadron mates that enemies are near.
R-3-2 Sighting request
You ask your mates where the enemy is.
R-3-4 Covering?
You ask your wing man if he is still covering you.

4. Post-Combat
R-4-1 Regroup
You tell everyone in your Squadron to disengage and reform on you.
R-4-2 Send all home
You tell everyone in your Squadron to return to base.

5. Tower
R-5-1 Mayday!
You have serious aircraft problems. You are asking for directions to the nearest airfield.

6. Ground Attack
R-6-1 Begin your run
You tell everyone in your Sraffel to dive bomb the Target.
R-6-2 Strafe the target
Same as above as I have seen.
R-6-3 Leave
You tell everyone in your Staffel to reform. I think.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some notes I found by one old Player long ago:

Airborne:
Yes, this one is VERY misleading. When you call "Airborne", the reply back from the controller is actually referring to the rest of the squadron thats flying with you.
You will see they are always the same height and directly behind you.
Once you've called "airborne", you need to ask for "Patrol Position" in order to get on your way.

Patrol Position:
This should give you directions to the currently highlighted waypoint on your in flight map (NOT the campaign map screen).
To progress onto the next waypoint, you must change it manually using the options when viewing the map.
The route is worked out automatically to provide you with the best chance of completing the intercept against your assigned enemy formation.
If you stray outside the waypoints, you may miss your target.

E/A Vector:
This is the direction to the enemey formation you & your squadron have been assigned to intercept.
You should use this in conjunction with the "Patrol Position" to fly your C.A.P. route
and also the various padlock view commands to increase the chance of successfully intercepting the raid.
Remember, your specific target may not always be the first enemy formation you find!
Also, remember that the radar used for guiding intercepts is very primitive, and is not always 100% accurate.

Give Freedom:
Squadron Leader only. This tells your squadron mates to attack your assigned enemy formation - break away from you and get into the fight!
However, you need to have the enemy target formation padlocked when you give this radio command to let the rest of your squad know where they have to go.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is in the v2.13 Manual:

NOTES to radio commands:

1. Regarding the Combat command “Attack My Target” (Help!) (R-3-5): This command will work only when you have an enemy plane padlocked.
One of your wingmen will attack the padlocked target and the rest of your wingmen will attack the padlocked targets’ other remaining wingmen.

2. Regarding the Combat command “Break!” (R-3-3): This command was modified slightly from before and is intended to allow the player to force his wingmen to break off of a target
or do an evasive manoeuvre if under threat.
Some users found the incidents of "poaching" (your wingmen shooting at the player's target) can be found to be annoying at times.
When you see a "Poacher" hit R-3-3. If he is within 300 meters of the player’s A/C, he will set to disengage (non-fighting movecode).
If he is greater than 300 meters he will do an evasive manoeuvre (normal R-3-3 as it has always worked) and stay engaged on his target.
The disengage should give the player time to take care of his target. The friendly will re-engage on the closes enemy AI in about 45 seconds.
This affects ALL friendly A/C so use of this command can put your team at a disadvantage if they are all currently engaging a target.

3. Viewing the subject of current heard message: After calling out one of the tower commands,
one can padlock the location of the ground control tower that is responding by pressing the F5 key.
The key must be pressed WHILE the response message is being played back.
Padlock diamond drawing must also have been previously enabled with SHIFT+T.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this helps you with the radio calls.

Pardon me if this is more DETAIL than you wanted. :shock:
I tend to write long descriptions. Helps to deflect further secondary and tertiary questions. :wink:

BoBII still has some weird AI behavior. We are aware of these things that have never yet been fixed.
Please feel free to complain it.
The more complaints, the better chance that we may be able to fix them. Provided we have coders to do so.

As always, "there is no such thing as a stupid question". Especially for new Players.

Aloha!

Snoopybob
Airman

Post by Snoopybob »

Thank you very much))))))))) And yes you will arrive with huge force SticK))))))))))))))

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”