Install Issues...

jrcct
Airman

Re: Install Issues...

Post by jrcct »

Thank you again Stickman...can see them now. All is good. Big help for a novice.
I could spend many hours in the manual...very very helpful. Hopefully won't have to bug you guys as much.

Having said that...there are 2 bdg's. Can use either? Do I have to be in-game to use bdg? Can I make changes prior to running game. I ask because I alt/esc to get my pinned desktop.
Some of the changes I made weren't there. I'm pretty sure I saved them. Want to use your water color settings. (found them)

Thank you much!
Mac Mini, Win7 home partition, i5 2.6ghz, 8gb, 1T, Intel Iris graphics

stickman
BDG

Re: Install Issues...

Post by stickman »

Good that the labels are working now. :)
Having said that...there are 2 bdg's. Can use either? Do I have to be in-game to use bdg? Can I make changes prior to running game. I ask because I alt/esc to get my pinned desktop.
Some of the changes I made weren't there. I'm pretty sure I saved them.
the bdg.text file is the one named just bdg.
There is a bdg_out file that was made for debugging long ago. We should get rid of it, as it fills up with all kinds of FALSE errors.
I often delete this bdg_out file. It just fills up with tons of junk.

The bdg text file should be edited and saved, prior to opening the game, to see any changes.
After you open the game and make any changes in Options, upon quitting the game a new bdg text file be made also.
Want to use your water color settings. (found them)
Not sure where you found them. May be out of date now using PV's v2.13 sea frsnel files.
Experiment with these lines to get the color you prefer:

WATER_COLOUR_DARK_R = 50
WATER_COLOUR_DARK_G = 50
WATER_COLOUR_DARK_B = 50

These lines only seem to change the look with Dusk time, as I see it:

WATER_COLOUR_LIGHT_R = 50
WATER_COLOUR_LIGHT_G = 50
WATER_COLOUR_LIGHT_B = 50

You probably know this, but I should never assume anything, so do not feel insulted, please.
R= red
G= green
B= blue

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”