Graphics issues

new reply
tn_prvteye
Airman

Graphics issues

Post by tn_prvteye »

Recently getting back into BoBII, and I'm having an odd glitch with the trees. It's hard to tell from the pic, but they kind of blur and shimmer at a certain distance and a certain angle. Very noticeable in motion. I'm running Win7 (with the appropriate compatibility flags). 2GB Nvidia 760GTX video card. I've got the Autogen pumped up, since I like trees. :) All graphic settings maxed. There also seems to be alot of "pop-up" with ground objects. As in, they don't appear until I'm very close and pop in and out of existence.

# AutoGen stuff (experimental):
ENABLE_AUTO_GEN=ON
TEMP_AG_SN[15,2]=1192
TEMP_AG_SN[15,3]=62

# AutoGen TreeLine stuff (experimental):
TEMP_AGTL_SN[0]=1192
TEMP_AGTL_SN[2]=63
TEMP_AGTL_SN[3]=62

Ideas? Thoughts? Any other info needed?

Added: Also seeing the clouds clip as well. Picture added. I tried lowering the Autogen stuff in the second pic, and it helped a bit (but I miss my trees) :)

stickman
BDG

Re: Graphics issues

Post by stickman »

tn_prvteye,

As to the issue of the cloud layer at 19,000 feet where you see that layer getting clipped, this was totally fixed in v2.11 in Campaign.
Basically I just killed the entire 19,000 feet planar "crap cloud" layer. It never shows up in Campaign.
In Instant Action it will always appear during the first time you fly, next times you fly it will be gone.

Some notes on this:
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... er#p251645

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As to the bad streaking with the AUTOGEN trees, I recall folks having that problem. I will have to search for the solution.
There also seems to be alot of "pop-up" with ground objects. As in, they don't appear until I'm very close and pop in and out of existence.
That cannot be fixed, sorry. It is just the way BoBII objects are drawn into game.

tn_prvteye
Airman

Post by tn_prvteye »

Excellent...good to hear about the clouds. I'm continuing to work on the streaking issue. Trying different nvidia CP settings and so on. It's REALLY bad when I "zoom in" with TrackIR...so it sounds like it's related to FOV maybe.

Thanks for the help.

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

Here is what I found with a Search. It is occurring when using a lot of AUTOGEN forest trees.

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 74#p165474

My settings:

# AutoGen stuff (experimental):
ENABLE_AUTO_GEN=ON
TEMP_AG_SN[15,1]=1192
TEMP_AG_SN[15,2]=62

# AutoGen TreeLine stuff (experimental):
TEMP_AGTL_SN[0]=1192
TEMP_AGTL_SN[2]=63
TEMP_AGTL_SN[3]=62

I use an ATI graphic accelerator.

tn_prvteye
Airman

Post by tn_prvteye »

Yep, your settings worked. Thanks again!

tn_prvteye
Airman

Post by tn_prvteye »

<sigh> I can't seem to catch a break. Now I have flickering contrails. Ugh. Did a search, but only one thread came up, and no solutions. Anyone seen this before? Sorry to be a pest.

hellcat44
Senior Airman

Post by hellcat44 »

Eye candy has never been this sim's strong suit.
As they say in Spain,,,"It's hard to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear."
hellcat

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”