Draw distance and version

new reply
PieceOfCake
Airman First Class

Draw distance and version

Post by PieceOfCake »

Hi, I see you can tweak the BGT.txt file more than in options and saw you can change the drawstince. Default is set to 40.000, but I see some set it to 60.000. Is there any difference?
I tried set it to 100.000 but didn't see any difference.

Also when is 2.13 coming out? Really love your sim, even though it CTD some times

stickman
BDG

Re: Draw distance and version

Post by stickman »

Hi, I see you can tweak the BGT.txt file more than in options and saw you can change the drawstince. Default is set to 40.000, but I see some set it to 60.000. Is there any difference?
I tried set it to 100.000 but didn't see any difference.
Not sure what Draw Distance is, and cannot find it in the bdg text file.
Do you mean horizon draw distance? Which is adjustable in Options > More GFX > Horizon Distance (Low, Medium, or High)
Some like a crisp clear horizon, (High), some like a hazy horizon probably more like coal smoked 1940 England, (Medium).
There is a difference in look. I am not sure there is any big cost in frame rates using High versus using Medium or low. Maybe. I don't notice that there is.
It is more a matter of historical look, viewing the Horizon from the air. Personal tastes as what it looked like.

Me? In Hawai'i, and born and raised in the Western USA, where the nearest "big" town was 200 miles away, likes a crisp far Horizon,
and can remember what the Milky Way Galaxy looks like at on a clear cloudless night.
Lived in the smog of San Diego and Los Angeles for 10 years, until I got sick of it. Haze and smog don't appeal to me.
I also worship a deep blue sea.
My preferences.
I modify, personally, for my own use, BoBII looks for what I want the world to look like.

For BoBII I only want realistic and true historical looks for the ground Strategic Targets.
The docks, the airfields, the power plants, the oil refineries and tank farms, the weapons factories
and... most importantly... the fighter aircraft Factories.
Those fighter aircraft factories were very important in 1940, and I spent the last year trying to reproduce them true as they were then.
I have done all them all righteous good with one year's research and placement into game.

I am ready to fire them off at any time. I'm done with them as 1940 good.

I don't care much about what the Channel sea looked like, or how coal smoked smoggy the sky looked like in 1940.
I'll let my UK cousins modify those looks. I was never there.
Also when is 2.13 coming out? Really love your sim, even though it CTD some times
All the code work is done. (US Army retired)
The MultiSkin upgrade for v2.13 is done. (Scotsman)
PV (Canadian) is remaking the terrain around Filton airfield and Filton town with the two important Bristol aircraft factories there.
I remade those two factories, 6 months ago, but will likely have to adjust them to his new terrain.
That is all of the BDG work to do left for v2.13.

Guns are loaded, almost ready to Fire!

So.. while I am waiting, I am going through all of the Mods made by other folks, and some BDG artists like HAZZIE and Boreas,
and nominating some to become stock issue for BoBII v2.13.

In the last year, their have been a lot of improvements to BoBII,
not just the OUTSTANDING realistic and historical code work done by two27, US Army, retired,
but also Terrain and Targets reproduction as to reality, PV and me, progressive liberals ala Canadian and Montanan, North Americans,
plus finishing the MultiSin, Cherkassov54 the Scot.

but.. also artistic efforts by some artists that have made very good improvements. I want the best of their work in, too.

Being an amateur student of history, whom worships the Truth,
and a Progressive Liberal whom does not always like the current situation, and wants improvement through change,
I always try to refine BoBII to be a better simulation of reality.

----------------------------------

This all takes time,
and as soon as you fix something,
there is yet another thing to fix!

A rather endless endeavor. But gives me something good to do, each day that I have off from Work.

PieceOfCake
Airman First Class

Post by PieceOfCake »

Yes I ment horizon draw distance.
I was wondering if there will be any difference changing it to 60.000 since 40.000 seems to be default in the BGT.txt file.
I tried setting it higher but didn't notice any difference.

Cool that you still working on it. Can't wait for 2.13 :)

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

The only instance of "horizon" in the bdg.txt is the size of
the artificial horizon of the head up display. The only control
of horizon distance is in the GUI, where you can select low,
medium or high Horizon Distance, half way down the More GFX
page of the Options.

PieceOfCake
Airman First Class