mapping axys problem

new reply
blackshark
Airman

mapping axys problem

Post by blackshark »

hi, i am trying to map my devices to bobii

at the moment i am mapping the axys on my x52-pro throttle and everything work but the prop.pitch: i use the rotary on the right of the throttle in il2-1946 and in CoD and it works, but i have problems in bobii;
if the rotary is "neutral" i have around 2400 rpm, but if i move a bit it goes to maximum rpm with no possibility to have a slight move to 2'600-2'800 rpm; how to manage it ? i would like to use the same axys/Keys in all the games ...

how do you manage the prop.pitch in your config ?

stickman
BDG

Re: mapping axys problem

Post by stickman »

blackshark,

I also use a Saitek X52. I like it.
I assigne the little thumb wheel on the throttle to Prop Pitch Control. Very thumb handy. Use if often.
I assigne the big thumb wheel on top of the throttle to Elevator Pitch Control. This is tricky to use. A bit sensitive.

You can do this in Options > Controls >> Custom.
By clicking on the CONTROL needed to change, and then moving the Saitek x52 wheel to make it effective.
It was always easy for me to set up.

Often, though, I find the throttle works in reverse. Then I just reverse the input in Options > Controls >> Custom.
To reverse inputs, this is on the right hand side of Controls >> Custom.
Need to click on the thing you are going change, for extra options to show up on the right side.

-------

If this does not help you, I'll be here tomrrow to offer some more sober support.

"Elevator Pitch Control. This is tricky to use. A bit sensitive."
I can offer some "user text EDITING" suggestions in the models folder for reducing the Elevator Pitch control sensitivity, tomorrow.

Tonight I have guests in the house that need my attention.

blackshark
Airman

Re: mapping axys problem

Post by blackshark »

hi stickman, thank you for your help.

So for prop-pitch we use the same rotary (small thumb rotary on the right of x52pro throttle); but as i wrote i am not able to manage it with the spitfire.

When the rotary it's placed on "neutral" (there is a slight "indentation" on the rotary) my spitfire rpm are at 2400, but if i move it away from the "neutral" position it spikes to "out of rpm" (higher than maximum) and stay there without any chance to move it within the range (no way to go to 2600-2800 or 3000 rpm); if i move it to neutral indentation again, then it goes immediately to 2400 (no possibility to have rpm more then 2400 but less than 3000).
It seems 2400 rpm is the minimum and if i move from that ("neutral" rotary) i can only have the "out of rpm" (sorry but i am not native english).

These days i am not at home to check it, but if i remember i made a test with 109 and with it the rotary works the right way (possible to move it from 9:00 to 12:00 and within that range)

ps: i use the large thumb rotary on the top as rudder trim

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”