Three Monitors - Nvidia Surround

new reply
Upkeep
Airman Basic

Three Monitors - Nvidia Surround

Post by Upkeep »

I hope someone might be able to help. I have used BoB for quite a while now and love it!

I am now trying to run BoB on three monitors but am unable to get it to work. I am running Windows 7 64 bit. I have updated to the current patch (Beta 2.13). I have adjusted for wide-screen support - Windows screen resolution off etc, bdg text edited for ultra FOV wide screen. Correct resolution for three monitors selected in Options. Nvidia surround used for view across all three monitors. Wortks with other simulators s like Il 1946.

When I open the BoB programme, only half the startup screen appears on the central monitor, plus - below - the icons in the start menu. If I do nothing, BoB does not load and I have to use Ctrl Alt Del to get back to normal. However, if I press the BoB icon below again, BoB starts up and I can get into the menu, plus of course the Options where I can set the screen resolution correctly for the three monitors (5760 wide). However, when I try to load a scenario I just get a blank screen (all three monitors).

I then do Ctrl Alt Del again to see what is going on, and Bob is stated as 'running' not 'not responding'.

I am clearly doing something wrong. It all works perfectly well with one monitor so I have installed everything properly.

Any advice very gratefully received. Thanks very much for your help.

Regards

Upkeep

Upkeep
Airman Basic

Re: Three Monitors - Nvidia Surround

Post by Upkeep »

Guess no one has come across this themselves. Oh well. Never mind. Will continue with single screen instead. All the best. Upkeep

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

We've had folks running multiple monitors, and getting them to work
OK, though I guess none of us forum regulars do. You can find
discussions with a forum search; there have been several instances
of problems, most resolved, but I don't recall one like yours. Check
terms like matrox, triple head to go, and eyefinity.

Upkeep
Airman Basic

Post by Upkeep »

Thanks very much for your reply, PV. I have tried these searches and, yes, a number of people have had problems, some of which they have sorted. However, I cannot find anyone who has the same problem as me. Not to worry. I am quite happy using just the single screen really, but I am sure the sim would have looked spectacular across three screens!. Thank you very much for replying and offering some pointers.

All the best

Upkeep.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”