General Assistance on BoBWoG ver 2.12

new reply
Deej1965
Airman

General Assistance on BoBWoG ver 2.12

Post by Deej1965 »

Hello all. I'm just going to throw my problems out there and hopefully some one can help or point me in the right direction. Have Installed BoB WOV v2.12. Having issues with the following: 1-have to left click on mouse to get the joystick to work and the small arrow remains on the screen
2-during campaign start I dont get any RAF directives to set up my patrols,response to raids etc after each day and my day abruptly ends at 8pm regardless if a raid is incoming and in progress..its happened on a few occaisions.
3-joystick issues with my logiteck wingman 3..no force feed at all. Even in set up the joystick is listed but no option for FF..and it is a FF JS. Had no issues using it with Red Baron 3D
4-can play w/o CD but no intro video's etc..not that this is a biggie but a problem none the less
Is there anything within the bdg.txt that I can tweek to fix any or all the above or is there another path I have to take to fix these issues?
I'm running windows Vista..graphics are good and have plently of vid gigs etc.
Tks for any and all assistance
Deej

PV
BDG

Re: General Assistance on BoBWoG ver 2.12

Post by PV »

Deej1965 wrote:Hello all. I'm just going to throw my problems out there and hopefully some one can help or point me in the right direction. Have Installed BoB WOV v2.12.
Well, I take a swing at these, I may get a few, not sure...
Having issues with the following: 1-have to left click on mouse to get the joystick to work and the small arrow remains on the screen
Curious. Right clicking the mouse activates the interactive cockpit (aka complex engine management) when you have
it selected. Doing this will cause a pointer to appear in the cockpit, for use in twiddling knobs. Perhaps that's what you're
seeing? It shouldn't have any interaction with the joystick, however.
2-during campaign start I dont get any RAF directives to set up my patrols,response to raids etc after each day and my day abruptly ends at 8pm regardless if a raid is incoming and in progress..its happened on a few occaisions.
Again, that's odd, unless you have selected the Single Pilot Career option, wherein you have no
control of the campaign, and don't get to have any say in directives. The SPC is discussed in the manual starting p154
3-joystick issues with my logiteck wingman 3..no force feed at all. Even in set up the joystick is listed but no option for FF..and it is a FF JS. Had no issues using it with Red Baron 3D
Do you see the "Use for FF" check box on the controls options screen as per the manual images pp26-34?
It should be there if your FF is alive, (and possibly even if it isn't, not sure.)
4-can play w/o CD but no intro video's etc..not that this is a biggie but a problem none the less
Yes, the videos became broken
post XP due to a change in natively supported formats (apparently). There are a number of discussions
about this, with fixes involving porting the videos to newer formats. However the success rate is somewhat
spotty, indicating we don't fully understand the problem. See here: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 17&t=20988
Is there anything within the bdg.txt that I can tweek to fix any or all the above or is there another path I have to take to fix these issues?
I'm running windows Vista..graphics are good and have plently of vid gigs etc.
Tks for any and all assistance
Deej

Deej1965
Airman

Post by Deej1965 »

Thank you for the assistance. The Joystick issue still remains as no little box indicating FF located in the control set up...my joystick is listed but not the FF box..any suggestions? Also am trying to get rid of the same way the aircraft goes into a spiral when shot down..same thing every time..with the odd one that actually disintegrates if the fuel tank is hit..thats happened a few times and is quite the spectacle!! On another note I can't get the photo button in the Squadron Tab to bring me to view a damaged airfield..I've visited Hawkinge AF when it has been severely damaged and it all appears in good order?? Again any assistance is very much appreciated..Thanks
Deej

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

On another note I can't get the photo button in the Squadron Tab to bring me to view a damaged airfield.
That Photo Button was broken for many years (since WoV came out) and caused CTDs. We never could fix it, so for v2.12 we disabled it.
If you if want to know what objects are truly damaged or destroyed, the best way is to look at the Airfield menu and it's list of targets therein.

On another note I can't get the photo button in the Squadron Tab to bring me to view a damaged airfield.

That Photo Button was broken for many years (since WoV came out) and caused CTDs. We never could fix it, so for v2.12 we disabled it.
If you if want to know what objects are truly damaged or destroyed, the best way is to look at the Airfield menu and it's list of targets therein.

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

How does your stick look in the control panel? Not sure about
Vista, but in W7 you have to dig for the interface. My Saitek Evo
Force is found (only when powered up) under Control Panel>
Devices and Printers>[rightclick and choose controller properties]>
select again from the menu with one entry, and choose properties
again>finally you get the Saitek controller test screen, and can check
that all the aspects of the stick are registering and working under
windows, using the test routines.