Little TrackIR Help

new reply
Badger
Airman

Little TrackIR Help

Post by Badger »

Hi Guys, Long time no see. (At least in this part of the forums. :) )

After many years dithering over (and not having the money for) a TrackIR system, I've finally had the opportunity to pounce. (I've also been lucky enough to get a "Saitek X52 Pro" to replace my trusty old Logitech stick. A good and trusted friend which now gets semi retirement connected to my older PC.)

I've read some threads here about setting up TrackIR and I think I'm doing fairly well considering my being pretty tech challenged. I've made changes to the BDG text file, which under normal circumstances I wouldn't want to come within a mile of opening. But under the guidance of the threads I've read here I have made a few surgical changes and am feeling rather pleased with myself.

Just a couple of little things I couldn't see though, which I hope you can put me straight on.

Firstly, I am used to being able to lean my view forward and back in "A-10C Warthog", but I don't see that here. Not to mention that the initial viewpoint is pretty close to the windscreen and I'd like it a bit further back. Is it possible to move the default view out and move the forward and back to the Trackir? In one of the threads I read about assigning zoom in and out to a joystick function, but I'm not sure that zoom is the same as moving the view forward and back and ideally I'll like the latter on the Trackir.

Secondly the head roll is reversed. Left moves to the right and visa versa. I'm sure this one is obvious but I just can't see it.

Thanks for any help you can offer fellas.

All the best
Badger

Buddye
BDG

Re: Little TrackIR Help

Post by Buddye »

Have you read this thread and tried Seavee's TrackIR profile?
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

Badger
Airman

Post by Badger »

Buddye wrote:Have you read this thread and tried Seavee's TrackIR profile?
Hi Buddye, nice to see you again. Which thread would that be? Did you forget the link or am I looking right at it. :)

No I haven't tried (or seen) Seavee's Trackir profile. I haven't had it very long and as yet don't know how to add profiles, but I'm getting there. :) Are the changes I want to make quite complicated then?
Badger

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

Just a guess, but it's probably this one in the FAQ forum:
http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... =48&t=6524

Badger
Airman

Post by Badger »

Thanks PV that does look like the one Buddye probably meant.

That said, it's actually one of the threads I was already using to make the adjustments I've managed so far. It turns out though that I gave up too soon and now having read all five pages I have managed to get almost the full head movement I wanted.

The only two things left outstanding at the moment are;
* The head roll thing. I need to invert it and the thread does mention inverting it, but as far as I can see it doesn't say how. I can't see it in the game options and I can't see it in the BDG text file, thought I'm sure I'm staring right at it. :lol: Can someone point me at this please?
*The default head position is too far forward. I can now move it back, but is there a way to have it start where I want it by default.

Many thanks
Badger

PS: Oh... an unrelated quickie question. I've noticed that raising and lowering my flaps creates an audio effect, but I don't seem to see a visual one. It seems unlikely that this should be the case. Do I have a bug?

blue six
BDG & A2A

Post by blue six »

Hi Badger, to invert the response in the roll axis, open your TIR profile set-up software. Look for "Advanced Settings" midway down the LH side. You'll see three tabs there: Profiles, Titles and Camera. Select Profiles and on the line immediately below ensure that your BoBII profile is selected. Further below, in the "Motion Adjustment" area you'll see a graph. At the top of the graph, select the roll axis. Looking across to the right, place a checkmark in the box to the left of "Invert." Save the change. That should do the trick for you - if not, let us know.

blue six

Badger
Airman

Post by Badger »

Thanks Blue Six. :wink: No wonder I couldn't see it, I was sure it would be either a toggle in the game, or a line to change in the games text file. It never occurred to me that the answer might be with the Trackir software.

All the best
Badger

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”