Multiskin pimping

new reply
Pongo
Airman Basic

Multiskin pimping

Post by Pongo »

I've noticed people with kill markings on the side of their aircraft. How do I go about doing this because it looks shamazing.

stickman
BDG

Re: Multiskin pimping

Post by stickman »

Any player can paint the texture files for aircraft. The MultiSKin textures and (if not using MultiSkin) the basic skins for the aircraft.

Best to do this with a good Paint program like Photo Shop (expensive), Paint Shop Pro (less expensive), or GIMP (free).
For 14 years I am still using old Paint Shop Pro 7, which still serves me well, and was easy to learn to use.
GIMP can be downloaded free, as well as Instructions on it's use. Was a few years ago, anyway. GIMP is a lot like Photo Shop.

I can tell you where the No-MultiSkin textures are.
For MultiSkin textures you need to look into the folder MultiSkin \ MultiSkin Textures.
Then find the unit and exact aircraft of that unit that you usually fly with.

-------------------

Or.. I can paint some kill markings for you if I know exactly what aircraft you want them on.
I have done this before for a guy, as well as Hartmann's bleeding heart emblem.

Pongo
Airman Basic

Post by Pongo »

Thank you stickman. Have photoshop. So I may give it a go. Will I have to png the pictures. I may be doing some research later on what emblems they used for bomber kills and fighter kills.
Loving the game. Unfortunately I have to play it on my laptop as my kick ass pc is windows 8.
I can still play at very reasonable settings on the laptop. It's an i7 with a GeForce 260m I believe. 8gb ram.

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

Pongo,
Will I have to png the pictures?
All of the aircraft skins and MultiSkin emblems, letters, and letters use the .dds format.
You should save anything you paint as a .dds formatted file for the game.

I am not familiar with Photo Shop or it's native format, but when using Paint Shop Pro I construct a skin or emblem using the .psp (PaintShopPro) format.
Then, when I am ready to test it in game, or save it for game use, I save the image formatted as .dds.

--------------

Painting skins can be a lot of fun. Making aircraft skins was what started me out to be more of a modifier than a player of BoBII.
Creating new things is addictive, as I well know.
Anyway.. have fun! :)
Unfortunately I have to play it on my laptop as my kick ass pc is windows 8.
The M$ evil doers are gonna kill us with their POS (guess what that acronym stands for) Windows 8 operating system! :evil:
I still have not heard of a way to have BoBII run with it.
Still using Windows 7 am I, but I want to and can afford to upgrade to a new computer.
No way that I will buy anything that (only) uses Windows 8.
Maybe have to upgrade my old clunker with hardware pieces, part and part, keeping an old OS that actually works. :roll:

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

Note, if you aren't fluent with .dds format, that skins are
generally .dds subformat DXT1, whereas emblems are
DXT5 (includes an alpha [transparent] layer - everything
but the emblem art itself should be transparent).

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”