Squadron details question

new reply
ronvking
Airman First Class

Squadron details question

Post by ronvking »

Hi,

Does anyone know where the squadron details are kept?

Reason I ask is that I'm trying to find out why 263 Sqdn aircraft are showing as 85 Sqdn aircraft in the game.

I am certail this is not a multiskin error as such because I changed the info for another Sqdn and the "HE" code letters appeared on that aircraft, also the 85 Sqdn hexagon also appears on a 263 Sqdn aircraft when selected which makes me think that the problem is elsewhere. Somewhere they is a pointer for 263 Sqdn that points to 85 Sqdn in error. I also think part of the error is that both Sqdns are both based at Debden together.

So I would like to know where the program lists the units to start off with.

Thanks Ron
Last edited by ronvking on 19 May 2013, 12:58, edited 1 time in total.

ronvking
Airman First Class

Re: Squadron details

Post by ronvking »

OK been doing some "looking" ar various files and noticed various entries starting with "SQ_BR_" followed by a squadron number.

I made a list of them and checked them against the squadrons listed in the menus.

Most featured both in the menu and also in the files bar that 263 Sqdn does not appear in the files but has an entry in the menus. However as well as an entry in the files (as SQ_BR_85) and menus for 85 Sqdn I also found an entry in the files for "SQ_BR_85x".

I'm not a coder so can't do much but tried the obvious and changed the file entries to "SQ_BR_263" but that didnt work as the aircraft still showed with "VY" rather than the "HE" squadron codes.

stickman
BDG

Re: Squadron details question

Post by stickman »

The guys most familiar with the MultiSkin have not been around for awhile. We have one guy working on the ME110 multiskin.
He might know some about this. His username is Cherkassov54.

ronvking
Airman First Class

Post by ronvking »

Thanks stickman,

I don't think this is a multiskin issue as such but that a "pointer" somewhere is incorrectly set.

My reasoning is that if it was multiskin then on selecting a 263 squadron aircraft should not show an 85 squadron aircraft complete with an 85 squadron hexagon. Also I changed another aircraft to show the 263 squadron code and it did.

In short somewhere in the programing 263 squadron had been mislabelled and therefore show as 85 squadron aircraft in error.

Cheers Ron

ronvking
Airman First Class

Post by ronvking »

OK a further update on my "findings".

I found further "SQ_BR_85x" entries in the editor and on selection it gave me a 263 squadron entry in the game when I ran the mission I made up.

So thats confirmed the link however the aircraft still shows with 85 squadron marking so clearly there is not a direct link to the order of battle.

two27
Master Sergeant

Post by two27 »

Hi Ron,

You are not mistaken. The 85 and 263 Squadron mix up was discovered while I was working on the campaign for 2.12. It is definitely an original Rowan error. Not certain the person working on skins has been informed of this yet.

ronvking
Airman First Class

Post by ronvking »

Thanks two27,

Funny but I tried some more "ideas" today and clearly anyone working on MS would not be able to do anything unless they found the link on the original files.

I changed the "if not found" line to 263 squadron but it still came up with 85 squadron markings. Only when I deleted the 85 squadron line did it change to show the "HE" letters of 263 but it still had the 85 squadron hexagon.

As I have no coding knowledge I have no way of going into any files to find the problem. Oh well suppose I'll have a look of making up the three code sets to replace the pre war ones.

Cheers Ron

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”