text60 file output

new reply
ronvking
Airman First Class

text60 file output

Post by ronvking »

Hi,

In previous versions I sometimes used to enable to config to write the text60 file.

I've just done this in 2.12 but I'm not getting and file being written. I note that the comment in the config file says "printout called ,Text60.txt, in the BOBII folder." My base folder was installed as "Battle of Britain II" is that why I'm not getting the file or has something changed?

I did search my system for the file but its doesnt appear anywhere.

Thanks Ron

PV
BDG

Re: text60 file output

Post by PV »

I've never played with this. I see you have to activate it with
a switch in bdg.txt, is that what you did? It is possible it has been
deactivated, that is something Buddye will have to comment on.
It seems to be a check for SAG status, so it might only generate
output when there are distant squadrons in the air...

ronvking
Airman First Class

Post by ronvking »

HI PV,

Yes I activated it via the bdg.txt file changed to "On".

I was wondering if it had been removed or perhaps it was trying to write to another folder but failed because that folder did not exist.

Cheers Ron

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

Hi and welcome to BOBII and the BOBII forums and community.

Are you talking about the the following Bdg.txt parameter?

Do_All_SAG_Checks_For_Buddye=ON #ON = Do all SAG Checks to try and Trap BOBII SAG problems (for Testers) or OFF = do not do SAG checks. You will get a printout called ,Text60.txt, in the BOBII folder. Post for Buddye

This parameter is for debuging errors in the SAG processing. A record will be written in the Text60.txt file only if a error occurs when all the SAG data is checked for accuracy and consistency.

This is not something you would want to turn on unless you are trying to debug a SAG problem as it could cost alot of processing delay depending on the number of errors. First, you will need to run a SAG mission (mostly in the campaign or historic missions with alot of A/C). Second, you would need to hit a problem that the software can identify.

I would recommend you run with the default (off) unless you are working with a BOBII programmer or tester who understands BOBII SAG processing.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

ronvking
Airman First Class

Post by ronvking »

Thanks for the update, I'll turn it off.

ronvking
Airman First Class

Post by ronvking »

Having a rethink I seem to have got a little confused (old age rules ok).

I thought somewhere there was an entry in the bdg.txt file which resulted in a file that among other details listed what aircraft had shot down that aircraft.

I've spent several hours searching the forum but can't find anything. It may have been something to add to the txt file to get it working and not a standard line.

Or I'm I really confused?

Ta Ron

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”