nHancer and newer drivers

new reply
mudcake
Airman First Class

Post by mudcake »

Hi all,

My MSI 8800GTS 320mb card gave up the ghost so my local PC shop installed an XFX 8800GTX 768mb card and updated the Video drivers from 186 to 314.07.
I had been using nHancer 2.5.9 before but from what I've read it doesn't work with drivers higher than 2xx, plus nHancer appears to be dead now.

I still have nHancer running and can't see any problems, but I haven't fully tested things with BoB2 or other sims.

Should I just use Nvidia Control Panel to change settings?

Chunk
Technical Sergeant

Post by Chunk »

I don't know where you read that nHancer doesn't work, but you got some bad info. It works great, and they actually just updated it as well. The regular nVidia control panel is rubbish IMHO.

mudcake
Airman First Class

Re: nHancer and newer drivers

Post by mudcake »

Hi Chunk,

I got the info from doing a google search, http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/s ... ent-ceased

When I click on help in nHancer it takes me to a page in German saying something about waiting a few days for a new site.

Chunk
Technical Sergeant

Post by Chunk »

I was actually confused and jumped the gun, I apologize. Use nVidia Inspector now. It's basically a better version of nHancer. I apologize again for the confusion.

mudcake
Airman First Class

Re: nHancer and newer drivers

Post by mudcake »

Not a problem. I had a quick look at nVidia Inspector. Might give it a go if I can get my head around it.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”