Moving Stations

new reply
paulmort
Airman

Moving Stations

Post by paulmort »

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to move positions in a bomber say from pilot to gunner & maybe to a different gunner & back?
Which keys if any do this?
Thanks

Buddye
BDG

Re: Moving Stations

Post by Buddye »

Look at the key description in the User Manual (Appendix H). It is good to print it out for referrence.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

In any aircraft in which you can be a pilot, you
currently cannot be at another station, and vice
versa, but you can cycle among gunner positions in
level bombers.

nats
Airman

Post by nats »

PV wrote:In any aircraft in which you can be a pilot, you
level bombers.
Didnt you used to be able to swap between pilot and gunner in the Stuka and ME110 whilst in flight and the autopilot took over? Or am I mistaking this game with another?
"Its life Jim but not as we know it"

AMD Phenom II X6 2.8mhz cpu + Coolermaster fan
12Gb DDR3 RAM
ATI Radeon HD4850 512mb graphics
MS Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 joystick

BOB settings on high, 1280 res, 16xAnisotropic - very smooth gameplay

Boompus
Airman First Class

Post by Boompus »

nats wrote:
PV wrote:In any aircraft in which you can be a pilot, you
level bombers.
Didnt you used to be able to swap between pilot and gunner in the Stuka and ME110 whilst in flight and the autopilot took over? Or am I mistaking this game with another?
In BoB2 this is not possible..(as far as I know)
What is possible however... as gunner in a DO17 you can switch to 3 positions while there was only one gunner on that type.. :wink: :?:

borton
BDG

Post by borton »

nats wrote:Didnt you used to be able to swap between pilot and gunner in the Stuka and ME110 whilst in flight and the autopilot took over? Or am I mistaking this game with another?
Yes, you are. I think you probably mean Over Flanders Field. Brilliant software but I haven't tried it recently.

nats
Airman

Post by nats »

borton wrote:
nats wrote:Didnt you used to be able to swap between pilot and gunner in the Stuka and ME110 whilst in flight and the autopilot took over? Or am I mistaking this game with another?
Yes, you are. I think you probably mean Over Flanders Field. Brilliant software but I haven't tried it recently.
No it was a WW2 game, I havent played OFF anyway just RoF. Maybe it was European Air War or something.
"Its life Jim but not as we know it"

AMD Phenom II X6 2.8mhz cpu + Coolermaster fan
12Gb DDR3 RAM
ATI Radeon HD4850 512mb graphics
MS Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 joystick

BOB settings on high, 1280 res, 16xAnisotropic - very smooth gameplay

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

Well, if we're talking that far back, all that was possible in Fighter Squadron/Screamin' Demons.
A great sim brilliantly crafted except for the limitations of its terrain engine. We tried a couple of
times to pry a Rowan style deal out of the owners, but got nowhere. You could fly all positions
in bombers, be bombardier while the plane autopilotted til you took over control for the bomb run,
also gunners in fighter bombers, two seaters, many of them contributed from the community as the
aircraft modelling module was open, with a full development kit delivered with the original release.
Came with 12 planes originally, I think, and last I counted there were 215 available, not including
the WWI port. It even had full knowledge of astronomy, night sky, sun and moon positions all mapped
correctly for every minute of the 20th century, all supplied by community modders, but it desperately
needed a DX9 upgrade and reworking of the terrain engine to deliver large realistic terrain, and that
remained out of reach. We were able to expand the terrain size to about 400km on side, but it was
limited to square tiles laid in rows, so it required immense amounts of memory to deliver a large quantity
of accurate terrain texture. Was good for the Pacific though, with whole empty oceans full of water,
and tiny islands.

Trumper
BDG

Post by Trumper »

Could you do that in il2

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”