Breaking with pedals

new reply
arquillos
Staff Sergeant

Breaking with pedals

Post by arquillos »

Hi everyone!
I have the Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals running in BoB v2.11
I´ve been trying to assign the brake pedals to the "," and "." keys in the game but I think it´s not possible (so I ended up using a 3rd party software: JoyToKey)

Is there any way (configuration GUI, BDG.txt...) to assign the brake keys (",", ".") to a joystick axis?

Thank you in advance!

Buddye
BDG

Re: Breaking with pedals

Post by Buddye »

My memory is not perfect on this and you might do a search but I think people have always had to get the breaks working with the macro tools that come with the pedals like CH.

BOBII is not coded to pick up the toe breaks like other axis.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

tipsypo
Senior Airman

Post by tipsypo »

Hey,

I've got the Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudders. Now I do not use the brake pedals upon mine as I wanted to control the brakes in an similar manner to what the pilot notes upon the British types stated.
A control lever for the pneumatic brakes is fitted on the control colum spade grip, differential control of the brakes is provided by a relay valve connected to the rudder bar. A catch for retaining the brake lever in the on position for parking is fitted below the lever pivot.
So using AutoHotKeys I managed to create an script that when I press down my "control lever" (joystick button) checks the rudders position. When rudders to left, left brakes applied, when rudders right, right brakes applied, when around center, both are applied. Also an key toggles both brakes on in order to act as the "catch for retaining the brake leaver in the on position" mentioned. Works well with the only downside I've seen being that when you start an mission on ground your brakes are already locked through the game, so need to sometimes apply the brake to remove that lock until my own locking can kick in.

Code: Select all

#Persistent
#Include C:\Users\Mark\Documents\Battle Britain II\VA.ahk

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

BRAKELOCK = False

*Space::
if BRAKELOCK = False
	{
	Send {/ DOWN}
	Send {\ DOWN}
	BRAKELOCK = True
	}
else
	{
	Send {/ UP}
	Send {\ UP}
	BRAKELOCK = False
	}
return

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

1Joy4::
GetKeyState, RUDDER, 2JoyR

if BRAKELOCK = False
{

while GetKeyState("1Joy4")
	{
	if RUDDER < 40
		{
		Send {/ UP}
		Send {\ DOWN}
		}
	else if RUDDER > 60
		{
		Send {/ DOWN}
		Send {\ UP}
		}
	else
		{
		Send {/ DOWN}
		Send {\ DOWN}
		}
	}
Send {/ UP}
Send {\ UP}
}

return
In the RAF they say an landing's ok, when the pilot gets out and can still walk away.
But in the FAA the prospect is grim, when the landings piss-poor and the pilot can't swim.
Cracking show, I'm Alive, But I've still got to render my A25!

Baza
BDG

Post by Baza »

It's been a long time since I used my gear but I had the brakes assigned to the toe brakes on my Saitek pedals. I still have my Saitek profile and can let you have a copy if you want.

If you want to assign the brakes to somewhere else (you mention joystick axes), I can describe how to do so via the BoB GUI.

Let me know which you prefer.
Barry

ASUS P5N32-E-SLI; Core2 Extreme QX6850(3GHz, 1333MHz FSB); 2xNVIDIA 8800 Ultra 768MB SLI; 2GB RAM PC6400 DDR2/800; Vista SP2; DX10; TIR5; mod MSFF2; Saitek Pro Flight - Quadrant, Pedals & Headset; TFS2; VAC; Dell 30"(2560x1600@60 hz)

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”