increase drag

new reply
wsciutti
Airman

increase drag

Post by wsciutti »

To all who brought this back to life, thank you!

I just rediscovered BoB and am getting used to the new, vastly improved product.

Having done some FM work, my question is there a way in the bdg file to increase the Spit drag so she slows down a bit faster with 0 power setting?

Again, many thanks for your efforts.

Jack

Buddye
BDG

Re: increase drag

Post by Buddye »

Hi and welcome to BOBII and the BOBII forums and community.

Our FM engineer ID id "blue Six". He stops by the forums frequently or you can PM him with his ID. The drag has been looked at many times in the past. Changing the Spits drag will impact the AI performance and game play.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

blue six
BDG & A2A

Post by blue six »

wsciutti wrote:Having done some FM work, my question is there a way in the bdg file to increase the Spit drag so she slows down a bit faster with 0 power setting?
Hi wsciutti. Nice to see a new face here. Parasitic drag is set in the Spitfire's .acm file, in the "Models" folder. As Buddye has mentioned, changes here will have consequences all across the board. If you'd like to make some adjustments, for your personal use, just drop me a PM and I'll give you more detail.

blue six

wsciutti
Airman

Post by wsciutti »

BDG,

Thank you for the fast response. Having spent some 20+ years (retired now) in software dev, I do know how everything must tie together. I guess I'm used to my FM work on IL2 where the params did not affect the AI as you describe. Having said that, I am looking forward to learning this sim, especially the campaign with all the various senarios.

Thanks again and especially for the hard work, :D

Jack

PS you would think, with 8000+ flying hours including the B-52, I could shoot down a 109 when on his 6!?! :roll: but its a bear which is quite a change for IL2 4.1.1.m., lol.

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

In BOBII the AI and players A/C use the exact same FM and it is something we are happy with. The AI will perform exactly like the players A/C and the AI has no cheats but two (the AI can see through the clouds and the AI does not black out).

Any player can modify the ACM and ACD tables if they choose for any A/C in the game. We do not recommend this but players do it and play a different game.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”