Stickman: ObjectAdds

stickman
BDG

Re: Stickman: ObjectAdds

Post by stickman »

Dux,
Well, I learned a few things from that little lot...the hard way. Like don't move the mouse while flicking round placements or remember to press 6 to decrease movements upon selecting frisky things like 162MANWHO.
Yeah.. watch out that you do not press the 6 key to decrease movement or rotational sensitivity too many times in a row.
Doing so (about six each 6 key presses in a row?) iwill send you to an infinity black hole of never return. :evil:

#162 MANWHO (the street section).
You assembled a nice bunch of them together. Not easy, and takes time, I know.
This object has a bad thing about. At certain view angles it will show up through some other objects that are close to and rise above it.
I use it sparingly.

Old Dux
Airman First Class

Post by Old Dux »

PV, stickman,

Thanks for your encouraging comments. :)

I noticed the greying out at certain angles when replacing the COBBLES with 162 MANWHO strips after most other objects were already in place.
Would that contribute to the fault or would it happen anyway - if the 162 strips foundation were put down first? If not, it will need to be replaced at some point.

Has anyone set about Whittlesford village, north of DUXFORD AF yet? I could have a go at that, next.
"When you climb into your Spitfire and the Merlin starts with a thunderous roar, you just know you can never be shot down. Not ever."

P/O Archie Winskill DFC & Bar. 73 & 603 Squadrons. Rtd., Air Commodore 1968.

Trumper
BDG

Post by Trumper »

Old Dux wrote:PV, stickman,

Thanks for your encouraging comments. :)

Has anyone set about Whittlesford village, north of DUXFORD AF yet? I could have a go at that, next.
Don't forget the Cambridge - Liverpool Street mainline goes through Whittlesford :)

Old Dux
Airman First Class

Post by Old Dux »

Trumper,

You will have noticed that the track hasn't been laid there yet. :wink: The actual line passed quite close to Duxford village but I'm sure there wasn't a halt there. Not at that time, anyway.

I used Whittlesford station a few times in the fifties. It was quicker to take the Manchester - London express and double back from Liverpool Street on the Cambridge line than go cross-country from Derby, Nottingham and through Grantham.
"When you climb into your Spitfire and the Merlin starts with a thunderous roar, you just know you can never be shot down. Not ever."

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

Dux,
I noticed the greying out at certain angles when replacing the COBBLES with 162 MANWHO strips after most other objects were already in place.
Would that contribute to the fault or would it happen anyway - if the 162 strips foundation were put down first? If not, it will need to be replaced at some point.
No, it does not matter which was placed first. The texture is a .PCX texture for #162. Soon I will try it in .DDS format. Maybe that will make it OK?

Old Dux
Airman First Class

Post by Old Dux »

stickman wrote:Dux,
No, it does not matter which was placed first. The texture is a .PCX texture for #162. Soon I will try it in .DDS format. Maybe that will make it OK?
That would be great, to finish it off properly. :)

whizkid
Airman First Class

Post by whizkid »

Greets, Stickman et al.
Being a newcomer to this Group, I'm treading slowly and reading everything past and present. I can certainly see why you call it a hobby, not a 5-min wonder!
I've never tried to mod any of the Scenery/Objects in the game, so I'm reading all I can, and am going to try my hand at it. Here is my interest right now. I was in the RAF from 1950 to 1952, on National Service, and spent the whole two years at RAF Oakington as a RT/DF Operator and ATC. So when I saw the field in BoB I flew my Hurricane in and taxied around taking a look for old times sake. They've torn down most of the buildings now, except the Tower and some others, but my
thought was that I could try and mod the existing Airfield to what it was back in the '40s when it was a Stirling bomber base. Right now the Hangars are the wrong type, and the distance between them far too much, and the various support buildings are incorrect. Where should I start, and what links should I use to do this? I'm going to take it a step at a time, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

Which BoBII airfield is this?

I will help you out with ObjectAdds.

There are several bomber airfields in BoBII that are messed up after Ben remade most of the airfield objects.
I do not know when he is going to fix them and also three fighter fields that are unfinished, Digby, Kirton, and Wittering.
So.. in the meantime, it would be nice to have some Englishmen work on these fields now, while we wait for Ben.

To start off using ObjectAdds you will need 3 things.
1. The Instructions that I wrote long ago, and recently edited.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1hgodyzavo1bhkq
2. An illustrated list made by borton. This is 95% up to date for v2.12. some objects (not airfield objects) are not in here.
http://ccgi.ashorton.plus.com/bob/
3. the definitive v2.12 text list of all v2.12 objects.
Old Dux, here, has edited this with better descriptors than the one that Ben & I made and exists in the BoBII root folder. This is now included in my Instructions download above.
4. The BoBII Launcher Tool. DL and read about that here:
http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 10&t=33530

Note.
In the bdg text file there is a line that enables moving objects around with the mouse. It is tricky to use and unfinished to work good, IMO.
I never use it. It comes ON by default. I suggest that you turn it OFF.
ENABLE_MOUSE_PLACEMENT_MODE=OFF

Those are the things that you need to get started.

The other thing is... how to get to the place you want to place the objects. This is easy if it is at or near a Target that the LW can bomb.
Just start a LW Campaign, and send a RAID to it.

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

Looking at Wikipedia, Oakington appears to be about halfway between
Duxford and Wittering. We don't have it modelled as far as I'm aware
(I don't travel much in those parts). It certainly isn't registered in
the BoB2 system, and doesn't show on Global Explorer's map.

Here is the current state in google maps (though Wiki says it is about to
be levelled and replaced by a residential subdivision (Whizkid, better snaffle
up the google map images before they update to the cratered future view)):
http://goo.gl/maps/Bytvu

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”