How do I get my squadron to engage/attack?!?

new reply
Sammie1
Airman First Class

How do I get my squadron to engage/attack?!?

Post by Sammie1 »

I've read everything I can find on the forums: I have auto vector off, as soon as my flight is in the air I 'take command', once the enemy formation is spotted I padlock it, I then do the R-3-5 (help) and still nobody engages. I currently have ai/wingmen sees all as OFF and would prefer to leave it this way but can change them to ON if that is the case..but is it?

What am I doing wrong? I'm flying as the S/L and doing everything I can find on the forums! Any help is appreciated! Getting pretty frustrated. Seems like it should be much easier than this.

I don't like to fly as a wingman because the S/L makes some really strange decisions.

creepycrawl
Staff Sergeant

Re: How do I get my squadron to engage/attack?!?

Post by creepycrawl »

My gaming computer is being repaired atm so I can't check, but I believe you have to call "Bandits!", number 1 if I remember correctly. Does that work?
Alienware Aurora-R3 - Intel Core i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs) - 8GB DDR3-SDRAM (1333MHz) - Dual AMD Radeon HD 6950 (2GB) - Realtek ALC892 - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit - Saitek X52, Rudder Pedals, Throttle Quadrant - TrackIR 5

www.bob2wov.com

Sammie1
Airman First Class

Post by Sammie1 »

I'll give that a shot but I didn't see that anywhere in the forums (doesn't mean it isn't there though). I'll give it a go and report back. Thanks.

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

Advanced players do use auto vectoring = OFF but it takes some knowledge and practice to use it. With auto vectoring = On your wingmen will find and attack the targets they have been assigned by the sim and not the targets you want them to attack (like your example).

With auto vectoring = off your wingmen will not attack anything until the player orders them to attack so you must do it all (find the target, padlock the target, and order the attack).

When flying with auto vector = OFF, the easiest way to order a specific attack is to padlock the target (a bomber within a group) and issue a R-3-5 (attack my target). Use the padlock toggle key (enter key) to toggle the padlock off so you can fly (in combat I use padlock toggle all the time to toggle padlock on/off so I can keep track of my target (in relationship to my A/C) and fly.

I would recommend you fly with auto vector = ON untill you have a few months of BOBII experience.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

Sammie1
Airman First Class

Post by Sammie1 »

Thanks Buddye. Year's back I did play quite a bit. I'm just frustrated because I'm doing everything I'm supposed to and it doesn't seem to work.

Practice, practice, practice..

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”