Next step......SUICIDE!!!

new reply
whizkid
Airman First Class

Next step......SUICIDE!!!

Post by whizkid »

No, not really, but I don't have any hair left to pull out, so that's all I could think of!
I'm really at my wits end with TIR and BoB2. My TIR 4/Vect.Exp works on every other game I use it on, Flight Sims and FPS with excellent results, but I just can't make it work on BoB2.
I've re-installed TIR and BoB2 completely, I read all the Technical stuff for both items, and still, when I get in the Cockpit and the canopy opens it de-activates TIR.
I followed everything about starting it up before the game, and I checked all the required boxes in Options, which you can only do if TIR is functioning, and made sure the Profile is correct before going to BoB2.
Can anyone help me, as I really want to fly this beast, but not at the expense of my sanity!
I can even use TIR with no problems in CoD, which, as most of us know, is the buggiest game in history, so why can't I do it in BoB2?
It's enough to drive a man to drink! Come to think of it..........................!

Specs: Win7 H.E. 32bit. TIR in Win7 Compatability.

PV
BDG

Re: Next step......SUICIDE!!!

Post by PV »

All your bdg.txt trackIR entries look ok?

whizkid
Airman First Class

Post by whizkid »

PV wrote:All your bdg.txt trackIR entries look ok?
Yep. I was hoping they weren't so I could change something! I still can't figure why the opening of the Canopy deactivates the TIR. Any other thoughts?

Trumper
BDG

Post by Trumper »

Are any of the keys used in Track ir also used in BoB2 therefore contradicting each other?.
Do you have a switch button that is "live" and it interferesMy track ir works fine on here so it's not the game on it's own. :)

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

I sent you a link that has Seevee's TrackIr info . It also has a profile that works and many on this forum use it.

You have something scewed up in you key board assignments that conflicts with TrackIR.

You may need return all your key assignments to "default" and try the SeeVee profile as that will work, if done correctly.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

whizkid
Airman First Class

Post by whizkid »

Buddye wrote:I sent you a link that has Seevee's TrackIr info . It also has a profile that works and many on this forum use it.

You have something scewed up in you key board assignments that conflicts with TrackIR.

You may need return all your key assignments to "default" and try the SeeVee profile as that will work, if done correctly.
OK, here's a little more info. that I found by re-installing BoB2 fom disc.
I'm using TIR w/VE, and, as you know, when a game is enhanced for VE a blue lite shows on the receiver when it activates. Well, with BoB2 vs 2.04 from the disc, the lite shows, and the TIR works perfectly, with or without the Canopy closing. If I upgrade to 2.10 or 2.12 the VE shuts off and the lite disappears and the Canopy problem comes back! So, it looks as though there's a glitch in the program for those later versions, right? Or is it in the BDG? I could wipe everything and do another clean install, and re-download the Upgrades, what do you think?

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

Mine works here with 2.12 and ,yes the blue light is on.

Go to Options->Adv.->Game and be sure that both the TrackIR and the TrackIR vector Expansion are checked.

I see a green light at the top (ON), a blue light at the bottom, a smaller blue light at the bottom, and 4 red dots.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

whizkid
Airman First Class

Post by whizkid »

Buddye wrote:Mine works here with 2.12 and ,yes the blue light is on.

Go to Options->Adv.->Game and be sure that both the TrackIR and the TrackIR vector Expansion are checked.

I see a green light at the top (ON), a blue light at the bottom, a smaller blue light at the bottom, and 4 red dots.
I checked everything in the Options->Adv->Game, and all is OK. I went to GH website and re-d/ld the 2.12 Update, and re-installed. Went to TIR and re-checked the Profile etc. (Its TIR 4, btw.) I'm using Sea-Vees Profile.
Fired up BoB2 and no Blue lite in TIR. So I went to bdg-out in the folder and found this............

I could not open the file 'bdg.txt'
TrackIR GUI was not started
TrackIR: RegisterProgramProfileID failed
TrackIR: RegisterProgramProfileID failed

Can't figure out why it works in 2.04 but not in 2.11 or 2.12.
Any more thoughts?

whizkid
Airman First Class

Post by whizkid »

ALL IS WELL!
Following my previous anguished post, I decided to re-install TIR4 and see if that helped.
Well, apparently I've been using an out-of-date (July 2012) Update, and that is what has caused all my angst!
As soon as I updated everything worked as it should, which is a very inexpensive lesson learned.
"When in doubt, UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS!"
Many thanks, Buddye, for your help.
I can't believe how great BoB2 looks now. I just did a couple of low-level runs across the countryside, and Britain never looked lovelier!

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

Yes, that makes sense but it is stll hard to understand how opening/closing the canopy did anything to TrackIR 4.
Buddye

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

whizkid wrote:ALL IS WELL!
Following my previous anguished post, I decided to re-install TIR4 and see if that helped.
Well, apparently I've been using an out-of-date (July 2012) Update, and that is what has caused all my angst!
As soon as I updated everything worked as it should, which is a very inexpensive lesson learned.
"When in doubt, UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS!"
To be clear, for future folks: this is a TIR driver you had to update?

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”