Bob2 won't install

new reply
hannidan
Airman Basic

Bob2 won't install

Post by hannidan »

Hey Everyone;

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I've been having trouble installing BOB2. When I look at the disk my computer only shows an autorun.inf and setup.exe file.
When I click on setup.exe the hard drive spins forever and does nothing. Is this a file system problem? I running a Gateway I-7 with Windows 7 64 bit.

Buddye
BDG

Re: Bob2 won't install

Post by Buddye »

What exactly does the BOBII Disk say. You are either trying to install another disk (BOBI will not work) or there is an error on the CD disk,

Try cleaning the CD disk> you can find the proper cleaning method by searching the net.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

hannidan
Airman Basic

Post by hannidan »

Thank you for the fast response. The disk says: Battle of Britain II: Wings of Victory. Since my last post I successfully installed onto an much older machine running XP. That went perfectly. I then tried to install again onto the Windows 7 computer using an external cd/dvd disk drive (from a notebook) and even that different disk drive just got stuck spinning around. I then tried installing onto a Acer notebook i-5 windows 7 64 bit and the drive again just gets stuck spinning around. I've read on this forum that Bob II works on Windows 7 64 bit so I'm stumped at the moment.

Thanks
hannidan

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

I am using Windows 7. When I do a re-install, (I have done many) and put the Battle of Britain II Wings of Victory disc into the CD drive.

It wwhhhiirrrrssss......................................... for about 50 seconds, then the Auto Run kicks in OK.

How long are you waiting for the Auto Run to come up?
Hey.. I don't like waiting either. :wink:

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

hannidan,

Check PM for a download version.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

hannidan
Airman Basic

Post by hannidan »

I want to thank everyone for the help. Turns out that my computer needed longer to read the cd than I ever imagined. (A little over 3 minutes before the install page turned up.) Funny that the XP machine read it so quickly and the Windows 7 computer had to work so hard.

Thanks again, I'm up and running.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”