Problems with graphics quality with Windows 7: Please help

new reply
Upkeep
Airman Basic

Problems with graphics quality with Windows 7: Please help

Post by Upkeep »

I hope someone can help me with a problem I have.
I have just got Battle of Britain II and have upgraded with the very latest patch.

The installation and upgrade went fine and everything loads up OK. However, when I try to actually fly and the sim campaign loads the graphics quality is really really bad. I am running Windows 7 Home Edition, and have an AMD Radeon HD 6670 2G Graphics Card. The graphics card shows up on options page and I have the resolution setting at 1920 x 1080 x 32 to match my monitor. I notice that when I start the sim by clicking the shortcut there is a message in the tray about Windows changing colour to basic. Interestingly if I press the 'Contact Us' button on the menu of the sim the website appears as if there is no graphics driver at all, ie large and bad quality.

When I exit the sim everything is fine on my pc, so it is clearly related to BOBII or to the Windows settings associated with it.

I hope someone can help. I have tried a number of options including all the resolutions offered and with desktop resolution option both on and off.

Nothing seems to sort the problem out :cry:

I do hope someone can help as I am really keen to run the sim.

Thank you very much in advance

Edit: It appears that even though I have set the resolution to 1920 x 1080 in the sim it is actually displaying at 1024 x 768 according to my ATI Catalyst Control Center. This clearly is the problem but I cannot seem to change it to stay at 1920 x 1080......
Edit2: Tried to install on my other computer with XP and a Nvidia cards and had exactly problem!

This is really strange. Have checked Direct X, have carried out the 96 DPI trick. Still no solution.
Regards

Upkeep.

Buddye
BDG

Re: Problems with graphics quality with Windows 7: Please he

Post by Buddye »

Hi UpKeep, welcome yo BOBII and the BOBII forums and community.

Is the poor graphic occur only on the campaign?

Does the Instant Action graphics look OK?
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

Upkeep
Airman Basic

Post by Upkeep »

Thank you very much for replying. The problems happens whatever I load: Instant Action or Campaigns. Hope you can solve this one. Thanks again. Regards. Upkeep.

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

I do not know your PC specs but I am guessing you have a wide screen monitor.

If you do have a wide screen monitor then try thr following:

http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 17&t=12695

If this fix does not work then post your PC specs for me.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

Upkeep
Airman Basic

Post by Upkeep »

Thank you again for the quick response. Very much appreciated.

I think I may have now solved the problem. Fingers crossed with the emphasis on 'may'.

I do have a wide screen and I am running on a 2.8 Mhz AMD, 4GB Ram, 2GB AMD Graphics Card.

I believe the problem centred around my Aero settings in Windows 7, and the performance settings in Windows 7. I have now used the basic background screen coupled with performance settings on 'Best Performance' rather than 'Best Quality'. This allowed me to have the 3d settings in Options to match the resolution setting, ie 1920 x 1880 (with Desktop Resolution turned off as you suggest). However, on the 3d settings I am getting exclamation marks at the beginning and end of the entry and I don't know what that means. I am leaving well alone as it seems to work OK. I am getting good graphics with an FPS of around 60 Max and 20 Min. To get this I have reduced a lot of the settings to Medium or Low but that's OK by me.

Should I be concerned about the exclamation marks mentioned above?

Thanks a lot

Best wishes

Upkeep.

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

I believe the exclamation points just indicate that the resolution
values were not standard at the time BoB2 was originally released.
They don't cause any trouble.

Upkeep
Airman Basic

Post by Upkeep »

Thank you very much PV.

All the best

Upkeep

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”