No go past Loading Screen

new reply
McSpitty
Airman Basic

No go past Loading Screen

Post by McSpitty »

Hello all,

i am new to this forum and have just finished reading a post where another chap appeared to have a similar issue as i have presently. BoB2 v2.11 will not execute game play from any selections at the loading screen. i receive a
Battle of Britain English Text Error Message when doing so. i have had great success operating BoB2 v2.11 prior to this present issue when my system was utilizing an IDE hard drive ... so, i doubt that my system hasn't the muscle to run this software. i recently installed a new SATA 500GB hard drive and obviously a fresh install of the OS (Win XP Home Edition) was done and updated with SP3 and latest DX9c from Microsoft - all other system components are the same since removing the IDE hard drive - i am only operating with a single SATA hard drive. so, i am at a stop here and not sure how to get this rectified other than seeking out much needed help here. i greatly appreciate all of your input and direction to overcome this present interferrence so that i once again can take to the skies in my beloved Spitfire.
Last edited by McSpitty on 04 Dec 2012, 22:33, edited 1 time in total.

PV
BDG

Re: No go past Loading Screen

Post by PV »

Well, a few things. All BoB2 crashes say "BoB2 English Text", so
it is helpful to provide a bit more detail, which can usually be found in
the crashlog.txt file. The pertinent info is in the first few lines after the
last entry of "Begin of section written with BoB2.exe..." in the file.

I rooted about and found that a GT 120 is a rebranded 9500GT,
which is quite a ways down the hierarchy chart now, but, if you
say it was working alright before the reinstall, then my suspicions
go to your options settings. Did you save your configuration from your
previous install, and reload, ie the settings.cfg file and such from
the SAVEGAME folder? Or, have you reconstituted it, I would guess
putting several graphics settings down a ways to help your card cope.
For instance, setting landscape_texture_size=1024 in bdg.txt, and
options>GFX>ground objects to low or medium, etc.

McSpitty
Airman Basic

Post by McSpitty »

Thanks for the insightful help PV ... but, i found my error. I own an original copy of BoB1 and that copy is all that i have ever used on my prior IDE drive based system. Somehow, when i installed the v2.11 update over the BoB1 code it took without a hitch on that IDE drive ... weird science i guess you could call it. So, after noodling about here at the forum i found a few accounts imparting info of NOT installing BoB2 v2.11 over BoB1 code. I purchased a copy of BoB2 WOV from the A2A storefront and installed it and all is well again. So, i guess this post is now officially defunct as my issue is now cured, solved, put to rest, or otherwise non-existent. Thanks again for your input and coming to aid kind sir. I will be seeking advice in the near future at how to utilize the Multiplay features ... i have never played the sim in this manner and look forward to doing so.
Last edited by McSpitty on 04 Dec 2012, 22:27, edited 1 time in total.

Trumper
BDG

Post by Trumper »

McSpitty wrote: i have never played the sim in this manner and look forward to doing so.

Unfortunately there is no working multiplay at the moment although i believe it has been looked into.However you will find enough with the AI to keep you occupied and on your toes :)

McSpitty
Airman Basic

Post by McSpitty »

Trumper, thanks for the update regarding the lack of Multiplay ... hopefully, it will come along. Indeed indeed, i concurr that the AI in this sim is the best one could encounter and it is most enjoyable ... that being said however; the elements that a human counterpart brings onboard thru the facets of Multiplay merits its own accolades as well. I find it a most reveling thrill to have a go at it against a trained military fighter pilot. Odds are set against me in this scenario ... but i get to learn so much by cross-examining
his tactics.

"To be contented is great .... but, Greatness with contentment is perfection"

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

Multiplay works, sort of, but takes a fair amount of puttering. It is
officially characterized as a beta release. There is a full discussion
in the manual.

There are no BoB2 dedicated servers, so play must be organized and
someone with a hot multicore machine acts as host. I presume there
isn't much interest as I have seen a few requests for assembling a