Object placements

new reply
Old Dux
Airman First Class

Object placements

Post by Old Dux »

stickman, et al...

This is my first trial effort, at Exeter AF and consists of the 33 MAST, 34 NISSAN HUTS X3, 187GBRIST X2 and...er...104 turned out to be a station and platform which isn't straight :roll:

No concessions to historical accuracy - just plonking down but not saved. The mouse is very sensitive and several objects just flirted off the screen to who-knows-where.

Although I should have started with a full OBJECT_ADDS_OLD folder and an empty OBJECT_ADDS folder, the latter still has its full contents. Is it OK to delete all of those except for the 'new' placement entries?

"When you climb into your Spitfire and the Merlin starts with a thunderous roar, you just know you can never be shot down. Not ever."

P/O Archie Winskill DFC & Bar. 73 & 603 Squadrons. Rtd., Air Commodore 1968.

stickman
BDG

Re: Object placements

Post by stickman »

Dux,
Although I should have started with a full OBJECT_ADDS_OLD folder and an empty OBJECT_ADDS folder, the latter still has its full contents. Is it OK to delete all of those except for the 'new' placement entries?
You should cut the original ObjectAdds files and paste them up into a new made folder called ObjectAdds_old.
I always do this to keep better track of a new file that I am making. I usually only have just the one file that I am working on in ObjectAdds.
That is because if I edit this file in game by rotating or deleting an object, when you exit game, every file in the ObjectAdds folder gets copied and makes a new_xxxx file for everything in the OA folder.
The mouse is very sensitive and several objects just flirted off the screen to who-knows-where.
The 6 key for decreased object rotation and movement, and the 7 key is for increased object rotation and movement.
Pressing the 6 key too many times in a row will lock placement and rotation up. Need to start over.
Pressing the 7 key too many times in a row and then moving it will send it miles away.... You will never find it. I press delete immediately to delete it when I do this.
Or edit it out in the new text file.

Old Dux
Airman First Class

Re: Object placements

Post by Old Dux »

stickman,

Object_Adds info is now appearing in the relevant OA folder, as it should. Thanks! :)
"When you climb into your Spitfire and the Merlin starts with a thunderous roar, you just know you can never be shot down. Not ever."

P/O Archie Winskill DFC & Bar. 73 & 603 Squadrons. Rtd., Air Commodore 1968.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”