Slight Stutter

new reply
Scribe86
Airman Basic

Slight Stutter

Post by Scribe86 »

Hello,

Just recently purchased BOB II: Wings of Victory and really enjoy the simulation. The game works great but I have noticed that when I am flying any of the airplanes and do maneuvers with them they seem to stutter through the animation. For example, if I do a barrel roll, I notice that the plane is a little jerky on a very small level. I have checked the FPS and they are running in the 100's. Perhaps it is my video card drivers. I am using the latest ATI drivers for my HD Radeon 5850 and maybe that has something to do with it.

Secondly, when I press F9 for the flyby view, the planes sound as it zooms by is not triggering at the right moment. The roar of the plane as it flies by seems to be delayed just a bit, not syncing with the passing of the plane entirely.

Anyone else notice these things?

PC Specs:

i5-750 2.66 ghz
1 gb radeon 5850 video card
16 gb corsair ram
1 tb hard drive
Onboard audio

Thanks for your time and really enjoying this game save for these rather minor issues.

Buddye
BDG

Re: Slight Stutter

Post by Buddye »

Hi and welcome to BOBII and the BOBII forums and community.

Are you seeing the stutter in the F6 view only? Are you using the default setting for the F6 distance from the camera to the A/C?

There is a file called ExternalView.cfg that you can open with notepad. You can fiddle with the settings to get the sound the way you think is best/correct.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

TigerMoth
Senior Airman

Post by TigerMoth »

Are you doing these maneuvers below 500ft? There is a strange little jerk motion that happens every second or so when below 500ft. It is something akin to a head-bob.

- John
----------------------------------
Gateway FX6831-03
i7 (860) 2.80 Ghz - 8GB Ram
ATI Radeon HD 5800 - 1GB Ram
Windows 7 (64-bit)

Scribe86
Airman Basic

Post by Scribe86 »

Yes, I am seeing the stutter in F6 only. I ended up changing the distance from camera to A/C as I wanted a closer view of the plane. Hadn't noticed the 500ft thing yet. I should check that out.

Thanks for your help guys.

Scribe86
Airman Basic

Post by Scribe86 »

Alright so I still get the stutter at any altitude. Thought it might've been my joystick so I disabled that and used the keyboard, same thing. Only seems to be noticeable when turning, rolling, that sort of thing.

tipsypo
Senior Airman

Post by tipsypo »

Under 500 feet thing is due to wind knocking the aircraft about, seem to remember reading somewhere that they disabled the wind doing this above that. Also dumb question although you are using enough power right and not yanking the spade or pulling further than the aircraft can take?
In the RAF they say an landing's ok, when the pilot gets out and can still walk away.
But in the FAA the prospect is grim, when the landings piss-poor and the pilot can't swim.
Cracking show, I'm Alive, But I've still got to render my A25!

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

I see. If you use the upclose F6 view you will see a slight studder. I like to call it our engine viberation model :D

Truth is I really do not know what is causing it and that is why I set the default distance where you do not see it (or most do not see it).
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”