Joystick Mapping?

new reply
deafpilot
Airman Basic

Joystick Mapping?

Post by deafpilot »

Hey guys! Got a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, and cannot figure out how to map buttons to functions. It does not seem to be working at all, and I am stuck using only the keyboard default layout. Cannot seem to change anything, not even the default keys. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Buddye
BDG

Re: Joystick Mapping?

Post by Buddye »

Hi , welcome to BOBII and the BOBII forums and community.

If you are running 2.11 then check the User Manual (located in the BOBII folder in the Docs folder) . If running an older version (not recommended unless your PC can not handle 2,11) , I have provided a User Manual link below. Just read and review the Controls Section.

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 17&t=10938

This is the first step and should get you going but if you have other questions just ask.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

TigerMoth
Senior Airman

Post by TigerMoth »

Hi DF,

I would highly recommend using the Logitech Gaming Software to assign keystrokes to your buttons and save a profile within that program. Occasionally BOBII dumps the settings file (during upgrades for example) and it is a huge pain to remap everything within the BOBII program. Setting it up with the joystick software (I use CH Products) has saved me much heartache and time! The only thing I ever have to remap are the Stick/Rudder/Throttle Axes.

- John
----------------------------------
Gateway FX6831-03
i7 (860) 2.80 Ghz - 8GB Ram
ATI Radeon HD 5800 - 1GB Ram
Windows 7 (64-bit)

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

Here is how to save all your favorate setting including your joystick setting just incase you have a problem and need to re-install:

After you get all configured and set up the way you want, backup the following folders/files:

1. KeyBoard folder
2. Savegame folder
3. 2dGauge folder
4. Bdg.txt file

Save them in a folder and label re-install all setting after re-install or problem.

If you have a problem (or you want re-install) again you will have all your good settings saved and you just need to "re-install" the above saved folders/file and you are back as you were and you do not have to re-enter your joystick buttons, menu settings, or Bdg.txt settings (I call this planning ).

Here is a sticky thread with some "tip" and "hints" but I would also recomment reading all the sticky threads on all the BOBII forums.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

deafpilot
Airman Basic

Post by deafpilot »

I'm wondering if something is broken somewhere because my mapping screen is completely blank. There are no keys mapped whatsoever. The sim functions fine but I can't even re-map keyboard commands. In addition the radio commands don't work... I must mouse click the radio commands.

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

You must have something messed up. There is a button at the bottom that will reset you to the default keys that most of us run with. Then test the game with the default keys.
Buddye

tipsypo
Senior Airman

Post by tipsypo »

In addition the radio commands don't work... I must mouse click the radio commands.
I would mention one thing to the poster regarding that your "radio commands are not working" which is that these are mapped in the controls screen as the RPM controls. So unmapping "RPM_1" would mean that you cannot then use "1" with the radio.
Last edited by tipsypo on 16 Oct 2012, 05:35, edited 1 time in total.
In the RAF they say an landing's ok, when the pilot gets out and can still walk away.
But in the FAA the prospect is grim, when the landings piss-poor and the pilot can't swim.
Cracking show, I'm Alive, But I've still got to render my A25!

deafpilot
Airman Basic

Post by deafpilot »

Hmm... the issue here though is my key mapping screen is completely blank... the Command column is fine, but the Keys column on the right is blank. I tried resetting default but it does not change anything.

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

Here is a Pic of my key mapping (options->controls, key mapping):

Note that my CH joystick is being shown as the controler being mapped. Is your joystick being shown?

You are saying all your keys are blank.
Buddye

deafpilot
Airman Basic

Post by deafpilot »

Yes the Keys column is completely blank. Joystick shows up in input device.

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

That's odd. You scroll the whole length of the list with the scrollbar and
see nothing? Do you have, in your keyboard folder, the files

keybd3d.bin
default.txt
keys.txt

(I'm not sure if the latter two appear if you haven't done any
edits to your key assignments).

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

Very strange.

Do you have a back-up joystick you can try?

Can you callibrate the joystick in windows?
Buddye

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

Sounds like a bad download or a bad install.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”