Newbie about to join

new reply
santiagojamesaea
Airman Basic

Newbie about to join

Post by santiagojamesaea »

Good afternoon,
This weekend[TOMORROW] i shall be downloading the game,i hope i have all the relevant information.Can someone please check my checklist

1.Computer,should be no problem.It's an I7 with a g.force 5500ti graphics card,eveything else is roughly up to this grade.
2.Monitor,set to it's original resolution.This part somewhat confuses me,I am in fact using my T.V.A samsung plasma 50inch.I understand i need a "DPI of 96"
3.Direct x 9.0c,the LATEST 9.0c,i have seen the link put up by Buddy.
4.Apply windows 7 fix to my desktop shortcut.I have seen the script put up by BDG and A2A about this.
5.Practise lots and have fun..

I do have a query on the patches.I BELEIVE i have seen a link on Heinkills web mentioning ONE download,that is one download that contains ALL the patches placing the game at it's latest/most advanced stage.If this is true then i imagine that i still have to do the windows 7 desktop shortcut.
That's all,i would just like to thank everybody and especially Heinkill who have brought this sim to my attention,for your great web pages,ready downloads(the manual i downloaded a week ago)and what seems enthusiasm.I realise that the game is getting long in the tooth and graphically cannot compare to more recent Battle of Britain simulations,but the enthusiasm about the AI and Dynamic campaign really caught my attention.Actually i can't wait...

mudcake
Airman First Class

Re: Newbie about to join

Post by mudcake »

Hello santiagojamesaea and welcome aboard.
You're correct just get the latest version and Multiskins (if you want) and the window 7 fix.

Then the "fun" begins with setting game options up the way you want and adjusting your joystick/pedals etc if you have them.
There's plenty of info on this forum and lots of people ready to step in as your wingman.
Then concentrate on point 5!

P.S. The only thing long in the tooth about this sim is my computer :cry:

santiagojamesaea
Airman Basic

Re: Newbie about to join

Post by santiagojamesaea »

Wonderful,thank you!!

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”