Stuck on loading screen, nothing happening...

stickman
BDG

Re: Stuck on loading screen, nothing happening...

Post by stickman »

Also, although all the instruments are there and the glass for the gunsight, there is no visual imagery for the aircraft. The panels are invisible.
I saw this once, long ago. I had to re-install the game.
If there are missing visuals or sounds, then that is probably a bad install or a bad download.

I have re-installed BoBII many many times. I only two or three bad installs. It does happen.

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

pennkiwi wrote:
I have a strong feeling that the issue is related to my OS - Windows 7 X64.....?????
Most of us run BoB2 in W7/64, do not use any compatibility settings, just
install and run. As noted in the V2.12 release notes:

Note7: Vista and Windows 7 users may need to apply the 'Vista/Windows 7 fix' to your desktop shortcut as a fresh 2.12 install will overwrite the previous shortcut.
Right click on shortcut and go to properties. Go to the compatibility tab. Check "disable desktop composition" and check the privilege level, run this program as an administrator.

I do remember people having problems with invisible planes, but it was
quite a while ago with ATI cards and turned out to be a driver issue.

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

What virus software do you run. Check this link:

http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... =17&t=9678
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

pennkiwi
Airman Basic

Post by pennkiwi »

We are getting there guys. I now have it running. Now if I can just get it to recognize my controllers.(Saitek X36F and CH Pro Pedals USB and I will be a happy man. It recognizes the buttons on the X36F but doesn't seem to recognize any control inputs from either joystick and throttle, or the pedals. I will fiddle with it some more and if I get it going I will let you know... Thank you very much for the help given so far
Ian
ps. It looks great. I know I'm going to love it once I get it working
kiwiflyer

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

Review the User Manual Chapter2 in controls. The User manual is located in the BOBII Folder in the Docs Folder.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

pennkiwi
Airman Basic

Post by pennkiwi »

Thanks for the fast and excellent support. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I have read the manual and so far no luck. I wonder if it's because the joystick and throttle are older products (use game port)and the pedals (CH Pro) are USB? It seems it will only recognize one of them (Saitek X36 or CH Pro Pedals) and when I have the Saitek system as the designated controller and then move the rudder pedals as per the manual, it recognizes it as the mouse.... I will keep trying. I'm a pretty experienced flight simmer having been doing this since way back in the 80's but I confess that the past ten years I've stuck purely to MS Flight Sim so my "set up" skills are very rusty... (Not to mention my brain which has turned to mush...)
Maybe I will have to invest in a USB stick and throttle... But for now I'll keep trying
Ian
kiwiflyer

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”