An Unusual Problem

new reply
Aelyshe
Airman

An Unusual Problem

Post by Aelyshe »

Gentlemen,

As of late, I have been experiencing an unusual problem with this sim. When I start a mission (be it takeoff, landing, free-flight, dogfight, campaign, etc) my aircraft flies normally at first, then, for no reason, my aircraft will pitch upward. When I try to adjust with a little foward stick, my aircraft dives into a continuous outside loop until it crashes into the ground. I have tested my joystick (Thrustmaster T16000m) and throttle quadrant (Saitek Pro Flight) with two other sims I fly and there is no problem. I have also tested BoBII-WoV using a Saitek ST290 Pro joystick, and the problem I am experiencing still occurs. Yesterday, while I was practicing my take-offs and switching on my magnetos, fuel cocks, etc, I noticed that my trim wheel was rotating on its own (I do not use the trim function as of yet) then it stopped. I pushed my throttle foward, picked up some speed, and as I was about to lift off, my aircraft just nosed into the ground. I have been flying this sim without problems since my last re-install which is about two weeks ago. This problem started about three days ago. I do not know why this is happening but it is a major bummer as now this amazing sim is pretty much unflyable. Can anyone shed some light on to why this problem is occurring? Better yet, can someone tell me how to fix this problem? I really miss flying BoBII-WoV. I would really, really appreciate any help any of you could give me. Thank you.

Warmest Regards

Aelyshe.

creepycrawl
Staff Sergeant

Re: An Unusual Problem

Post by creepycrawl »

Hello Aelyshe

One thing you could check is if you might have accidently mapped something like your mouse as your trim wheel while setting up your joystick. In options - Controls - Custom the bottom three are trims. They should say "keyboard" if they're at their default stage.
Alienware Aurora-R3 - Intel Core i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs) - 8GB DDR3-SDRAM (1333MHz) - Dual AMD Radeon HD 6950 (2GB) - Realtek ALC892 - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit - Saitek X52, Rudder Pedals, Throttle Quadrant - TrackIR 5

www.bob2wov.com

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

IMHO, you have a key mapping problem. If you can not find it and fix it, then you put all the keys back to default and carefully re-map.

This is a common problem and it usually starts when the player has been mapping keys.

It is best to map keys slowly and only use the least number until you gain more experience in exactly what you want to do with the sim.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

Yesterday, while I was practicing my take-offs and switching on my magnetos, fuel cocks, etc, I noticed that my trim wheel was rotating on its own (I do not use the trim function as of yet) then it stopped.
This definitely sounds like a bad Elevator (Pitch) Trim input problem.
Someone else reported this same problem last Spring, I think. Forgot what exactly his problem was. Could not find it with a quick search. Will search some more.
It was an Elevator (Pitch) Trim input problem, though.

Just two weeks ago I had my aircraft turning uncontrollably to port! :evil:
Turned out to be a stuck left arrow on my dirty keyboard.

Do have Elevator (Pitch) Trim mapped to your Joystick or Throttle?
The stock Elevator trim keys are Control - Home (for down) and Control - End (for up).
These stuck or sticky? Hard to imagine both Control and Home or End stuck simultaneously, but nothing surprises me much anymore.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Pitch Trim is notoriously sensitive in all aircraft. I usually desensitize it a lot from stock values.
In the models folder - Spitfire1A (and 1B) ACM file these files determine Trim sensitivity:

Trim { 10923 0 4096 } # elevator aileron rudder

I usually change the Elevator (pitch) trim value (10923 above) to something less, like 4096 or 1024. Makes it much easier to adjust Elevator (Pitch) Trim.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”