Delete Campaigns?

new reply
Aelyshe
Airman

Delete Campaigns?

Post by Aelyshe »

I am totally rededicating myself to this amazing simulation and have decided to fly an RAF campaign in earnest. I have a couple of saved campaigns which I flew just to get the feel of the campaign mode. Now that i have the feel of campaigns, I would like to delete all my practice ones, is this at all possible? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Warmest Regards

Aelyshe

Buddye
BDG

Re: Delete Campaigns?

Post by Buddye »

To delete all your campaign savegames ( named .bSL and .bSR, and Auto_Save.BSL and Auto_Save.BSR) just go to the BOBII folder and then the SAVEGAME folder and delete all .bSL , .bSR, Auto_Save.BSL, and Auto_Save.BSR files.

There is really no reason to to this unless you are installing a new BOBII like 2.12 as you can just strat a new campaign.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

stickman
BDG

Re: Delete Campaigns?

Post by stickman »

Here is a pic of what the files look like in SAVEGAME folder. I had only an RAF Campaign named WM (West Malling) in this instance.

This has only one saved RAF Campaign (WM.bsR).
The black arrows show files that can be deleted with no known bad consequences. WM. bsR and it's last Auto Save.BSR.

Buddye will supply only safe answers to Player questions. He is older, wiser, and more conservative than me.

The red arrows show files that the BDG does not yet fully understand what they do.
We do know that after a fresh BoBII install only the blank_nt, DIR DIR, inputcfg, and settings.cfg appear.
You should never delete these ones highlighted in yellow.

That said, I have been deleting Packages and blank_nt after I want a clean new Campaign, with no (so far seen) bad results when running a new Campaign.
They both regenerate as soon as I Start (blank_nt) or Save (Packages) a new Campaign. No problems seen....yet.
Maybe I shouldn't be a doing that! However I am younger, more aggressive, and liberal than Buddye. I confess.. that I have been experimenting with new ways.

The currently known safe answer is Buddye's advice.
Personally, I kill Packages, too, when I want to start a clean new Campaign. Who knows what the hell is in there from old Saved Campaigns?
It is an unreadable DAT file.
It will spawn anew starting and saving a new Campaign.

BTW.
.bsR means a RAF Campaign.
.bsL means a LuftWaffe Campaign.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”