HEEELP!

new reply
Aelyshe
Airman

HEEELP!

Post by Aelyshe »

Gentlemen,

I started flying "Battle of Britain II-Wings of Victory in February 2011. Once I had it patched to 2.11, I was hooked and became totally addicted to this fine simulation. I fly BoBII-WoV even more than I fly "Rise of Flight". Recently my PC went on the fritz, burnt out hard-drive or something and I lost everything. Anyway, I re-installed my copy of BoBII with out problems but I cannot update to 2.11. Originally, I updated using "Gamershell" and the update installed automatically. I tried to do the same today but the download does not work. I then tried updating using "Atomicgamer" but that site required I download a whole bunch of useless crap before I could download the BoBII updates, so I decided against it. So the question is, how do I go about updating to 2.11? Do I need zip-ware (I don't remember needing it originally)? Where do I find the self-installer? If I download BoBII from the A2A store does it come patched out to 2.11.
I really need some help here, I am having bad BoBII withdrawal.

Aelyshe

creepycrawl
Staff Sergeant

Re: HEEELP!

Post by creepycrawl »

Hello Aelyshe

The links to 2.11 and multiskin can be found here http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 10&t=21865

I downloaded them on another computer just a couple of hours ago so they should work...
Alienware Aurora-R3 - Intel Core i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs) - 8GB DDR3-SDRAM (1333MHz) - Dual AMD Radeon HD 6950 (2GB) - Realtek ALC892 - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit - Saitek X52, Rudder Pedals, Throttle Quadrant - TrackIR 5

www.bob2wov.com

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

I believe the A2A download is v2.06 . At any rate, it is
the last official A2A release version, and all subsequent
ones are our fault alone (BDG). I haven't heard of any
new issues with the downloads; some people have had
trouble with gamershell connection recently, but were able
to fetch a good copy from atomicgamer.

Aelyshe
Airman

Post by Aelyshe »

Well, I tried to get BoBII updated to 2.11 but it is not happening. I tried both "Gamershell" and "Atomicgamer" but the updates absolutely refuse to download. Guess I will uninstall this sim and wait until 2.12 gets released or the developers of "Cliffs of Dover" improve their product. I really do not understand why I cannot update BoBII-WoV, I had no problem the first time around. Thank you all for an exciting BoB sim, even if I can no longer fly it.

Cheers

Aelyshe Lynn Mulligan

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

Hi Aelyshe,

I just tried the gamershell download and it worked.

Here is what I did:

1. Clicked on the link,here, http://www.gamershell.com/download_59140.shtml

2. Click on download and Wait for promo demo video

3. Click download when it says it is ready.

4. complete download

5. Use Rar to uncompress the download

6. After Rar uncompress, double click the BOBII Update self-Installer (NOTE, IMPORTANT, be sure that the selfinstaller is pointed at your BOBII folder, should be default unless you changed the BOBII default location).
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”