TrackIR Hotkeys don't work

new reply
borton
BDG

TrackIR Hotkeys don't work

Post by borton »

Natural Point's apparent answer to my problem:

10.3 Problem : All or some of my Hot Keys will not work.

Possible Causes
Conflict between selected key function and other system properties, or key already selected as a different Hot Key.

Solution
Select a different key for this function.

A blinding flash of the obvious one would think! Unfortunately, they did work before I upgraded to Windows 7 but now they don't. There are only 3 hotkeys so even I would notice if any were duplicated. :roll: I have used Space for the Centre(center) key and \ for the Pause key. A painstaking troll through the key assignments and these keys have definitely not been used anywhere else ... as they were not in XP! :x

Selecting different keys doesn't work either, so what further pearls of wisdom can I seek from Naturalpoint?

Apparently none, as they have neither deigned to acknowledge nor reply to the contact form I sent to them.

Anybody out there using TrackIR on Windows 7 64bit (mine is Home Premium) and having the same problem ... or not, as the case may be?

Rusty Lock
Senior Airman

Re: TrackIR Hotkeys don't work

Post by Rusty Lock »

Win7 Ultimate 64bit, TrackIR5, I use the tilde key to centre.

No conflicts or loss of key function, I do however run the TrackIR software as administrator - by right-clicking on the shortcut, and selecting that option. Also, I run TrackIR after FSX has loaded. Whether any of these prevent any conflicts/grief I know not.

I had a similar moment, but it was due to me not saving my profile for the game I wished it to work for. I neglected to notice that I had a drop-down list for each game, and that my modified profile was in these drop-down lists.
~ Make love to the sky, don't shag it.

borton
BDG

Post by borton »

Absolutely brilliant, Rusty Lock! Have your next pint of oil on me! :D :lol:

I'm running TrackIR4 on Win7 Home Premium 64bit. As you recommended, I right-clicked on the TrackIR shortcut and selected to run as Administrator. Then loaded BoB and, lo and behold, the Hotkeys responded. Marvellous!

Now where does it say in the TrackIR manuals, other than when installing the software, to do this? :|

BTW I initially used vers 5.1.3 - Final ( when it wasn't working) but vers 4.1.038 - Final for this successful run.

Rusty Lock
Senior Airman

Post by Rusty Lock »

Excellent news Sir! I forget where I read the recommendation to run it in this way, but seems to be a theme with Win7.
~ Make love to the sky, don't shag it.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”