Which Sound Option?

new reply
borton
BDG

Which Sound Option?

Post by borton »

I have the following choices for my Sound settings within Options:

Digital Audio (S/PDIF)(High Definition Audio Choice)
Digital Audio (S/PDIF)(High Definition Audio Choice) - yes, it appears twice!
Speakers (High Definition Audio Choice)
Primary Sound Driver

I had a faulty ASUS P6T DELUXE SOCKET 1366 M/B which was replaced under warranty but with an updated version. This I am reliably informed has an on-board Sound card/facility.

I have established, using the Control Panel - Sound set up and test that all my 5:1 speakers are functioning correctly.

Whichever choice I select (I am currently on Speakers HDAC), the L,R and sub-woofer speakers are functioning when running BoB. The C(entre) speaker gives me Radio Messages.

But there is no sound from the rear RL or RR (I have also tried SL,SR configuration) whatever when running BoB.

I have just been converted from XP to Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.

Anybody any ideas, please?

TigerMoth
Senior Airman

Re: Which Sound Option?

Post by TigerMoth »

Hi Borton,

I feel pretty certain that BoB does not support surround sound. Someone correct me of I am wrong.

If it is only stereo then what you are getting is pretty typical (same as playing a stereo CD through your system. You should get left, right, and sub-woofer. Some systems will put monophonic material (like the radio chatter) into the center speaker instead of equally to the left and the right.

try playing a CD through your computer and see if it the same . You typically would not get anything from the rear speakers.

Hope that is helpful.

- John
----------------------------------
Gateway FX6831-03
i7 (860) 2.80 Ghz - 8GB Ram
ATI Radeon HD 5800 - 1GB Ram
Windows 7 (64-bit)

borton
BDG

Post by borton »

Thank you, TigerMoth! That just about confirms the conclusion I have come to.

It seems I have been seeing problems where there aren't any. I have tried a cd and agree that the sound that comes out is just stereo with the sub-woofer thrown in!

Now to sort out why the hotkeys on my TrackIR aren't working and my successful upgrade to Windows 7 is just about complete. :) :wink:

Jack Sparrow
Airman

Post by Jack Sparrow »

If it were me and i had 5.1 speakers, i'd still want sound from the rear, even if only artificial stereo to 5.1
You didn't mention what your sound card was but Realtek has its own control panel to allocate sound to whatever speakers you want.

I've not tried this myself but if the sound card has no control panel, this may be worth a try;

http://connect.creativelabs.com/openal/default.aspx

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”